Roads to Riches
- Construction & Engineering Industry Profile: India. // Construction & Engineering Industry Profile: India;Jul2008, p1
Presents a profile of the Construction & Engineering industry in India. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in...
- On the BOT Bandwagon. Sharma, E. Kumar; Verma, Virendra // Business Today;9/21/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p138
The article features several infrastructure companies that have shifted specializations from engineering and construction into the build-operate-transfer (BOT) space in India. Nagarjuna Construction Co. Ltd. showed a steady growth in its net profit as of March 31, 2008. On the other hand, Maytas...
- Road win. // International Construction;Mar2010, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the 613 million U.S. dollars contract won by Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd. (HCC) for the construction of the national highway (NH)-34 in West Bengal, India.
- HCC secures Rs. 635cr contracts. // FRPT- Infrastructure Snapshot;3/21/2016, p21
The article reports the securing of a Rs. 635 crore construction contract by Hindustan Construction Company from electric utility NTPC for the construction of a Head Race Tunnel for Tapovan Vishnugad Hydro-electric Power Project on the River Dhauliganga in Chamoli District in Uttarakhand, India.
- Difficult to find buyers for asset monetization: HCC. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;7/18/2016, p53
The article reports on the difficulties experienced by infrastructure firm Hindustan Construction Co. Ltd. in finding buyers for its asset monetization plan.
- Company Monitor. // India Infrastructure Report;Q1 2009, p83
The article presents a company profile for construction industries in India. One of the major players in infrastructure, Soma Enterprise engages in projects across the sectors of hydropower, irrigation, and water resources. The Nagarjuna Construction Co.Ltd. undertakes projects involving...
- The Finishers. Dinakar, S. // Forbes Asia;5/22/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p18
The article features Nagarjuna Construction based in India. The company boasted that it can finish eight to ten road construction and public works despite delays due to government corruption and protests. The company expects to achieve a revenue of $400 million by 2008. The company is also...
- Ready, Aim, Hire! BHATTACHARYA, SAUMYA; SHARMA, E. KUMAR; MADHAVAN, N. // Business Today;5/31/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p100
The article presents information on several infrastructure companies that are hiring employees in India. Hyderabad, India-based IVRCL Infrastructures & Projects has recently hired 100-odd people, which include ex-employees of Maytas Infra Ltd. It is stated that infrastructure companies are the...
- Delhi Metro's Second Phase Nears End. Mathews, Neelam // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/21/2009, Vol. 263, p1
The article reports that Delhi Metro Rail Corp. is about to finish tunneling for its second phase of construction, following the completion of the 2.85 kilometer (km) long tunnel that is part of the 22.7 km Airport Express Line, as of October 2009. It notes the utilization of the New Austrian...