What Would Meg Do?
- whitman. Burke, Steven; Clancy, Heather // CRN;11/15/2004, Issue 1121, p42
Features Meg Whitman, president and CEO of eBay. Views on her job; Comments from Tom Tierney, eBay board member, on Whitman; Adjustment in revenue projection of eBay in 2004.
- eBay Chief Whitman to Retire. // Red Herring;1/22/2008, p6
The article announces the plan of Meg Whitman to retire as chief executive of eBay.
- EBay's Whitman To Exit Gap Board. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/24/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 16, p17
The article reports on the decision by Meg Whitman, president and chief executive officer of eBay Inc., not to stand for reelection to Gap's board when her current term expires in May 2006, due to other professional commitments. Whitman has served on Gap's board since 2003. Gap said it is...
- Tracking eBay's New Bid. Stone, Brad; Foroohar, Rana // Newsweek;6/19/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 25, p42
The article discusses eBay Inc. and its plans to integrate Skype, an Internet telephone service which eBay bought in 2005, into its U.S. marketplace. Sellers can choose to include Skype buttons in their auctions for certain categories such as cars and real estate. An examination of how eBay's...
- Whitman campaign makes strong upfront pitch. Lowry, Brian // Variety;5/17/2010, Vol. 419 Issue 1, p10
The author reports that online auction eBay former chief executive officer (CEO) Meg Whitman has mounted a campaign to become the next governor of California. He mentions that her campaign is built largely on her personal fortune of which she has spent 60 million dollars in April 2010 for...
- Do we still buy the myth of the can-do celebrity CEO? Dumenco, Simon // Advertising Age;9/28/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 32, p19
The article discusses Meg Whitman's tenure as chief executive officer of eBay Inc. and questions whether her record qualifies her to run for governor of California. Under Whitman eBay purchased Skype, which her successor is now trying to divest at a loss. Prosecutors claim Whitman's reign was...
- KEEPING A GENTLE GRIP ON POWER. Meyers, William // U.S. News & World Report;10/31/2005, Vol. 139 Issue 16, p78
The article focuses on the work of Meg Whitman, President and CEO of eBay Inc. Despite Whitman's laid back executive style, she remains the CEO of a company that has been described as growing faster in its first decade than any other enterprise in the history of capitalism. eBay is redefining...
- Meg Whitman's 10th Anniversary as CEO of eBay. Gibson, Ellen // Fast Company;Mar2008, Issue 123, p35
In its March calendar section, the article notes the 10th anniversary of chief executive officer at eBay, Meg Whitman. The article notes that in 1998 eBay had a staff of 29 and annual revenue of $47.4 million. EBay now boasts a staff of 11,000 and annual revenue in excess of $7 billion. Early in...
- Meg Whitman and Big Bucks. Gandelman, Joe // Moderate Voice;10/29/2010, p13
The article reports on the move of Meg Whitman, head of eBay Inc., to charge the press who aims to travel with her.