- AMERICAN DREAMERS. St. Cyr, Peter // Santa Fe Reporter;8/21/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p17
The article discusses the efforts of New Mexico DREAMers in Action (NMDIA) student activists to promote equal treatment of undocumented immigrants. It states that NMDIA student advocates have been appealing for the amendment of immigration laws in the U.S. It mentions that the approval of the...
- Preparing for the harvest. Kelly, Kathy // National Catholic Reporter;4/30/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p14
Presents an essay related to immigration policy in the U.S. Comments on the arrest of illegal migrant workers; Complications in processing papers; Processing of humans, farmers from another land.
- UN Committee on Migrant Workers to review Cabo Verde, Guinea, Seychelles, Timor-Leste. // African Business News;8/24/2015, p1
No abstract available.
- Man borders to cross: Immigration reform on rocky road. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;7/7/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the reforms to the immigration law in the U.S. in 2003. Imposition of tougher citizenship requirements and its effects for food service companies seeking to bring more immigrants into the country; Protection for foreign-born Arabs and Muslims who have been deported following the...
- Schumer vs. U.S. Chamber flares up again. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;5/6/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the soured relationship between New York Senator Charles Schumer and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce which is believed a hindrance to the passage of the immigration reform legislation.
- Why Do We March in Arizona? ALVARADO, PABLO // Social Policy;Winter2010, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p44
In this article, the author discusses the dehumanizing effect of the humiliation that migrants in the United States are experiencing through the criminalization and enforcement of the immigration laws. The author believes that the news media also assists in the systematic humiliation effort by...
- Priming the TALENT PUMP. Hunt, Graeme // New Zealand Management;Mar2007, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p36
The author reflects on issues related to immigration in New Zealand. According to the author, New Zealand's ability both to attract and make best use of migrant talent has become increasingly vital. He outlines the major changes proposed to the 1987 Immigration Act which will be introduced in a...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Oxhorn, Philip; Mlade, Nicole // Americas Quarterly;Summer 2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p6
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to previous articles including "Argentina 2020," by Nicolas Trotta and "Beat the Heat," by Sasha Chavkin in the Winter 2008 issue.
- MOVING THE DEBATE FORWARD: What California Can Teach Us. Lowenthal, Abraham F. // Americas Quarterly;Summer 2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p48
The article discusses California's policies regarding immigrants and its significance on the U.S. government's legislative impasse on immigration policy. California's experience with immigrants could lead in the attempt in forging policies to integrate immigrants more successfully into 21st...