FIRE TEAM USA TARGETS TRAINING
- Community education for penny pinchers. White, Becki // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p30
The article offers information on several low-cost fire education options firefighters can consider. The author suggests firefighters put up an information booth showcasing diagrams and information on how to use extinguishers. Firefighters can also use household artifacts in developing safety...
- Wildfire academy modeled after fire camp. Miranda-Gleason, Karen // Fire Management Notes;Spring98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p28
Features the Colorado Wildfire Academy, a fire training camp at the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. Courses offered at the academy; Vendors invited to display their products and services at the academy; Cost per course; Incident Management Team managing the academy. INSET: 1998 Training to be...
- Boy Scouts of America fire academy. Benne, Richard // Fire Engineering;Jun96, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p110
Reports on the fire prevention and extinction training for Boy Scouts in 1996 California's Fire Exploring 21st Academy held at Vallejo, California. California Fire Exploring Association as the event sponsor; Planning of the fire academy for the youth; Goals and activities of the firefighting...
- Brayton Field often booked as much as 10 years in advance. // Industrial Fire World;Winter2017, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on the training classes conducted by Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) and mentions the operation of the Brayton Fire Training Field (BFTF) in College Station, Texas.
- TOP-DOWN TRAINING. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p30
Reports on fire chiefs and chief officers' training in the Command Training Center (CTC) of the Phoenix Fire Department in Arizona. CTC training programs for command officers; Components of the training programs; Simulation methods used in training.
- Fire Facility Takes a Hands-on Approach to Training. // National Underwriter / P&C;4/23/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p26
The article offers information on the fire laboratory training center of Chubb Corp., which focuses on fire protection.
- SKILLS TRAINING FOR REGENERATION 'RECIPIENTS'. Pemberton, Simon // Regions: The Newsletter of the Regional Studies Association (Reg;Spring2007, Issue 265, p15
The article reflects on skills training for community regeneration recipients. It states that the community program aims to strengthen the capacity of recipients to lead renewal and to transform their own places through mutual learning between delivery agencies and target communities. According...
- Cuentame Ias Gradas. Sands, Samuel // Annals of Earth;2014, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p23
The article discusses the author's experiences as a teacher and tutor in Guatemala City at a youth center and a resource for education re-enforcement for children in communities near the garbage dump.
- LIFE SAVING AND DAYLIGHT SAVING GO HAND-IN-HAND. // Emergency Preparedness News;May2009, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the national home fire safety program sponsored by Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs. The program "Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery," instructs the public to replace the batteries in their home smoke detectors when they set their clocks back...