Firefighters Must Respect Constitutional Limits
- Saving our own: The rapid intervention team officer. Lasky, Rick // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p16
Discusses the roles and responsibilities of rapid intervention team (RIT) officer or team leader. Informations which the RIT officer must obtain from the incident commander when being assigned; Some observations that should be taken into consideration; Attitudes which the RIT officer and team...
- The Role of the Safety Officer. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p38
The article provides several answers to a question of how is the safety officer position filled in, in the different fire department of United States.
- Firefighters to address West Shore group. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/6/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p2
The article focuses on the move of West Shore Fire Department members to deliver a presentation regarding the complex safety equipment used by local firefighter at the meeting of the West Shore Civic Association (WSCA) in Laguna Park in Bosque County, Texas on February 12, 2008.
- OFFICE OF THE STATE FIRE MARSHAL. // Illinois Register;8/14/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p11477
The article focuses on the notice of adopted amendments by the Office of the State Fire Marshal in Illinois as of July 2015. Topics discussed include the Joint Labor and Management Committee (JLMC), the Code of Ethics for assessors in Illinois, and the Basic Assessor Training Course (BATC). Also...
- Picerno elected Tupper Lake fire chief. Collier, Jessica // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 85, p1
The article unveils the new elected set of officers for the Tupper Lake Volunteer Fire Department in Tupper Lake, New York.
- Corrections. // Collinsville Herald;1/18/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 3, pA2
A correction to an article about the Collinsville fire department head in Illinois in the January 11, 2012 issue is presented.
- Blowing the basics, Part 3. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jun97, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p98
Part III. Outlines some mistakes by company officers in line with the basics of fire operations.
- County considers VFD coverage areas. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/13/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on a meeting of the Donley County Commission with fire department representatives to discuss the areas of coverage where they will be dispatched in 2014.
- The `new' company officer--so now what? Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Nov97, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p106
Provides thoughts that may directly affect a supervisor promoted to a larger fire department. Advantage of a larger departments; Tips on how to handle a larger department; Things that a supervisor must accomplish during the first day of his assignment.