- Clearing the path of destruction. Giles, Brian // Public Works;Mar2012, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p23
The article reports that a category EF5 tornado created lots of problems in Joplin, Missouri. The tornado damaged homes, businesses, schools, and infrastructure. It is mentioned that public works immediately began clearing roads for emergency vehicles, restoring the right of way and using their...
- EARTH NEWS. Wilson, Jim; Brill, Louis; Coledan, Stefano; Fillon, Hike; Singer, Neal // Popular Mechanics;Jul2004, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p24
This article reports on various accidents and natural disasters. Siberia's remote Kamchatka peninsula surged to life early on the morning of April 19. It was preceded by a nearly 5-minute-long series of tremors monitored in Alaska. The volcano released a pillar of ash more than 3600 ft. tall....
- JPSO LASER Unit Enjoys An Outstanding Reputation For Jobs Well Done. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p44
Features the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Land-Air-Sea Emergency Rescue (LASER) Unit, Louisiana. Support given by the Jefferson Parish voters; Expertise of members; Visibility of the work of the LASER to the public during emergency.
- Buried alive, part 2: Rescue and lessons learned. Collins, Larry // Fire Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p71
Part II. Narrates the rescue operation made on a contract worker engulfed within tons of soil in the County of Los Angeles, California. Role of cooperation in the success of a rescue operation; Equipment necessary in conducting rescue operations; Recommendations for formal emergency trench...
- Earth, You're Scaring Me. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;4/23/2010, p2
A photograph is presented that depicts a rescue worker at work in the aftermath of a natural disaster.
- Archdiocese aids victims. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;10/24/97, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the aid extended by the Acapulco archdiocese to victims of Hurricane Pauline in Acapulco, Mexico. Estimated number of people who suffered losses; Call for delivering relief assistance to the area.
- Testing inter-agency response at sea. // Crisis Response Journal;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on the backdrop for Exercise SkagEx 11 involving teams from Sweden, Denmark and Finland in testing inter-agency response at sea in Oslo, Norway.
- Remarks in Pierce City, Missouri. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/19/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p599
Presents the text of a message given by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 13, 2003, which deals with emergency assistance for people affected by the tornado in Pierce City, Missouri.
- Bears That Care. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;9/20/2002, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the use of teddy bears to calm children in emergency situations according to rescue workers in Connecticut. Distribution of stuffed toys to local police and fire departments; State of children involved in police responses; Medium to comfort children during emergency situations.