68-Year-Old Woman With Hepatitis C and Abnormal Kidney Function
- Urinary Obstruction in a 78-Year-Old Woman With a Pelvic Mass. Zaher, Aiman; Islam, Shahidul; Conley, Robert C.; Gannon, James M. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Sep2003, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p1225
Presents the medical case of an aged woman admitted to the hospital because of urinary retention for 3 days. Finding on an ultrasound examination; Details on Brenner tumor; Differential diagnosis of Brenner tumors.
- 66-Year-Old Woman With Painless Vesicular Lesions. Bardia, Aditya; Swanson, Elizabeth A.; Thomas, Kris G. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jul2009, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p639
The article explores the condition of a 66-year-old woman with a one month history of painless vesicular lesions on her hands. The patient's urine appears red-tinged with her first morning void. A tense blister on the lateral surface of the left index finger of the patient was revealed on...
- A Case Report of Nephrotic Syndrome Due to Intake of Certolizumab Pegol in a Patient With Crohn's Disease. Leong, Jennifer; Fung-Liu, Blanche // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2010, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p234
The article presents a case study of a 51-year-old woman with Crohn's disease diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome after receiving certolizumab pegol treatment. She was admitted due to severe joint pains and diarrhea, and was treated with certolizumab pegol after failurtreatment with other...
- Okronozisli Bir Olguda Bilateral KalÃ§a Resorpsiyonu. Aydenız, Banu; Saltekın, Aylin; Şenol, Selcen; Çirakoğlu, Derya; Ünlü Özkan, Feyza; Uslu, Turan // Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation / Turkiye ;sep2009, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p122
A 72-year-old female patient with complaints of back pain, bilateral hip pain and walking difficulty referred to our clinic. Physical examination revealed excessive limitation of lumbar and hip range of motion bilaterally. Radiological examination showed diffuse intervertebral disc calcification...
- IS ELDERLY WOMAN'S ABDOMINAL SWELLING MALIGNANT? Jami, Tanvir // Pulse;1/19/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p38
The article presents a case of a 76-year-old woman with abdominal swelling. According to the author, general abdominal swelling may occur in malignant disease with peritoneal involvement and growth of secondary nodules as well as ascites. He suggests the following tests: urinalysis; blood count;...
- 10-MlNUTE CONSULTATION: Haematuria. Bakker, Martijn; Boon, Diederik // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/13/2009, Vol. 338 Issue 7708, p1444
The article discusses the diagnosis and management of haematuria, focusing on the case of a 40-year-old woman diagnosed with the disorder. The patient was presented with complaints of frequency without dysuria, but she is reportedly fit and healthy and has no major medical history. It notes that...
- Herbal medicines abuse. // Reactions Weekly;8/13/2005, Issue 1064, p10
Presents a case report on herbal tea abuse in a 52-year-old woman with renal impairment. Adverse drug reaction of herbal tea containing senna products; Clinical condition of the patient; High concentration of metals revealed through the patient's urinalysis.
- Dipstick Urinalysis Screening of Asymptomatic Adults for Urinary Tract Disorders. Pels, Richard J.; Bor, David H.; Woolhandler, Steffie; Himmelstein, David U.; Lawrence, Robert S. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/1/89, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p1221
Evaluates the use of dipstick urinalysis screening for bacteriuria, which is associated with subsequent symptomatic urinary tract infection. Increase in predictive value when leukocyte esterase and nitrate dipstick tests are combined; Case where conventional antimicrobial regimens for...
- Corrigendum. // Age & Ageing;Mar2007, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p238
A correction to the article "Fraser Syndrome in a 96-Year-Old Female," by Mario Impallomeni, Deepak Subramanian, Nazim Mahmood and Illes Joseph in the 2006 issue of "Age and Ageing" is presented.