ART AT MAYO CLINIC
- MASTER SCULPTOR PROGRAM. // American Artist;Nov2003, Vol. 67 Issue 736, p60
Offers information on the Kenan Master Sculptors residency program at the Center for American Sculpture in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Activities for the artists who will participate in the residency program; Information on the inaugural 2003 Kenan Master Sculptors.
- A CONCEPT OF ORIGINS. Biagi, Giancarlo // Sculpture Review;Winter2000, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p2
The author reflects on the message conveyed by sculptures as basis for the concept of origins. He explains that the desire to create something is felt by everyone yet desire is something not real unless it is made into reality. He relates that sculptors create words out of images that convey his...
- SCULPTURE. // World Almanac for Kids;1999, p28
No abstract available.
- SCULPTURE. // World Almanac for Kids;1997, p30
Provides information on sculpture, with some examples of famous sculptors and sculptures. Sculpture is a three-dimensional form made from clay, stone, metal, or other material. Many sculptures stand freely so that you can walk around them. Some are mobiles that hang from the ceiling. Sculptures...
- Studio ceramists in Finland. Levin, Elaine // Ceramics Monthly;May99, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on several studio ceramists based in Finland. Reasons why ceramists relocated to the area; Ceramists include Karin Widnas, Howard Smith and Erna Aaltonen; Examples of works by these artists; International Ceramics exhibition held in southern Finland to showcase these artists' works.
- ON Art. Kauffman, Richard A. // Christian Century;4/3/2013, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p47
Photographs are presented of the two sculptures "The Dancing Francis," by Paul T. Granlund, and "St. Francis and the Birds," by Frederick Franck, along with brief commentary.
- DISPATCH: Venice and Basel. Tansini, Laura // Sculpture;Nov2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p79
The article reports on developments relevant to various sculpture exhibitions in Venice, Italy and Basel, Switzerland in June 2007. It includes information on various sculptures and other art works that were featured in the exhibitions, as well as information on the artists who made the art...
- BREACHING THE BOUNDARIES. Taylor, Roger // Craft Arts International;2004, Issue 60, p34
Profiles Australian sculptor Andrew Rogers. Background of Rogers; Information on the sculptures of Rogers; Achievements of Rogers.
- BRAVE NEW ART: The Sculpture of Anselm Reyle. Wellmann, Marc // Sculpture;Mar2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p38
The article profiles sculptor Anselm Reyle. He was honored with a solo exhibition at the Kunsthalle Zurich in Switzerland and later expanded his network of international dealers. He was born in 1970 in Tubingen, Germany and studied at the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe. His atelier is located in the...