Budget elicits mixed reaction from financial services groups
- OFFSHORE: All for nothing. // Fund Strategy;5/3/2011, p41
The article focuses on the reassurances that the funds in Guernsey, Channel Islands will not be affected by changes in tax regulations, which strengthen the position of the island as one of the leading funds investment jurisdictions. It states that the exempt fund regimes will be protected...
- INSIDE EDGE. Dornan, Peter // Money Marketing;7/4/2002, p32
No abstract available.
- Best & Worst of 1999. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p101
Highlights the best and worst events in the financial services industry for 1999. Companies which cut their expenses the most on an asset-weighted, ownership-cost percentage; Issuers of least-expensive contracts; Funds that have charged full fare while closed.
- Wholesalers' future hinges on services to producers. Prince, Russ Alan // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/23/98, Vol. 102 Issue 47, p5
Reports that differentiation and sales of financial institutions in the future will come from innovating along the producer value-chain. Success for financial institutions marketing mutual funds and annuities; Interest in receiving marketing training and support; Producers' search for...
- Top Institutions* in Sales of Mutual Funds and Annuities. // American Banker;3/7/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 45, p13
Presents graphs showing the top financial institutions in sales of mutual funds and annuities in the third quarter of 2000.
- Budget broadens super choice. Tyson-Chan, Darin // Money Management;5/17/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the change in rules concerning the offering of public superannuation funds in the 2007 Federal Budget in Australia. It states that the revised rule eliminates the need for employees engage into public offer funds for complying with the participating employer agreement. It...
- Savings and investments: self-direction rests on product complexity. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jun2005, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p128
The article offers information about the European retail savings and investment assets for 2003. Fifty-three percent of the non-life savings and investments market in deposits are composed of simple products that are already subject to a high degree of self-direction. However, a self-directed...
- Child trust funds boosting savings. Shaw, Sam // Money Marketing;9/8/2005, p18
Reports on the revelation of child trust funds regarding the changing saving behavior of parents for their children's future in Great Britain. Increase in the number of parents saving for their children; Average amount of monthly top-ups; Caution issued by mutual companies for parents who have...
- Reallocation mutual fund strategy saves time. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/12/96, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p47
Answers questions related to taxation, annuities and mutual funds. Getting out of paying original issue discount tax; Worrying about backup withholding; Purchasing of annuities.