HEALTH TEACHER PERCEPTIONS AND TEACHING PRACTICES REGARDING DISORDERED EATING BEHAVIORS IN HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Online Tracking Nutrition and Health of High School Students. Dilmen, Haluk; Ertam, Fatih // Turkish Online Journal of Science & Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p119
Nutrition and proper diet plays critic role on development of the high school students. During school age disorders due to diet of student may cause problems and open door to the some other diseases. Early detecting and tracking disorders may play important role on the youth health. We find Body...
- The Road to Even Better Health. // Real Simple;Aug2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p106
Research has found that a sedentary lifestyle can lead to obesity, which causes more health problems than cigarette smoking. First you have to prevent further damage by using a sunscreen daily, says Jamï¿½ Heskett, M.D., a family physician and founder of Wellpath, a holistic wellness center...
- Linkage analysis of obesity phenotypes in pre- and post-menopausal women from a United States mid-western population. Kelemen, Linda E.; Atkinson, Elizabeth J.; de Andrade, Mariza; Pankratz, V. Shane; Cunningham, Julie M.; Wang, Alice; Hilker, Christopher A.; Couch, Fergus J.; Sellers, Thomas A.; Vachon, Celine M. // BMC Medical Genetics;2010, Vol. 11, p156
Background: Obesity has a strong genetic influence, with some variants showing stronger associations among women than men. Women are also more likely to distribute weight in the abdomen following menopause. We investigated whether genetic loci link with obesity-related phenotypes differently by...
- Children in weight crisis. Berg, Frances M. // Healthy Weight Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p86
Reports on weight and eating disorders among children and teenagers in the United States. Increased obesity among children and teenagers; Dysfunctional eating; Overweight children's attitude toward their peers, parents and teachers.
- Dysfunctional eating: A new concept. Berg, Frances M. // Healthy Weight Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p88
Focuses on the concept of dysfunctional eating, an eating disorder prevalent among girls and women in developed countries. Definition of dysfunctional eating; Adverse effects of dysfunctional eating; Prevention.
- Does food freak you out? // Dolly;Apr2003, Issue 390, p50
Presents information on disordered eating, one of the categories of eating disorders. Potential link between negative emotions and food; Problems associated with the emotional aspects of food intake; Factors that contribute to emotional eating.
- Fragmented Histories, Fragmented Selves: Body Weight Preoccupation among Women in Post- Communist Romania. Bó, Boróka // Journal of International Women's Studies;Jul2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p33
The emergence of body weight preoccupation in developing countries previously characterized by food insecurity has received limited sociological attention. This paper reflects on the lived experiences of minority women in post-communist Romania, as they navigate the rapid economic, political and...
- Obesity and mortality among older Thais: a four year follow up study. Vapattanawong, Patama; Aekplakorn, Wichai; Rakchanyaban, Uthaithip; Prasartkul, Pramote; Porapakkham, Yawarat // BMC Public Health;2010, Vol. 10, p604
Background: To assess the association of body mass index with mortality in a population-based setting of older people in Thailand. Methods: Baseline data from the National Health Examination Survey III (NHES III) conducted in 2004 was linked to death records from vital registration for...
- OBESITY. Ford, Sue // Pulse;10/5/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 37, p70
The article provides information on how to prevent and treat obesity in Great Britain. The author discusses the action taken by the government to address the problem on obesity. They have also emphasized the importance of multidisciplinary involvement with dietitians, physiotherapists, sports...