BODY ART: THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Are Tattoos and Body Piercings Acceptable in the Workplace? KITH, REBECCA // ASRT Scanner;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p56
The article presents two contrasting views on whether tattoos and body piercings can be accepted in the medical workplace. A radiologic technologist who is an advocate of this form of self-expression believes that an individual with a tattoo cannot be judged as unfit to handle patients. She...
- body art smart. Pal, Shalmali // Seventeen;Jun2000, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p194
Offers information on various forms of body art. Consequences of undergoing body piercing; Tips on getting a tattoo; Legal issues concerning body piercing and tattoes. INSET: second time's the charm.
- Hooked on Body Art. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun2002, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p276
Focuses on the trends in body art in the U.S. Popularity of tattooing among college students; Disadvantages in body-piercing; Health effects of tatoos.
- Body art, deviance, and American college students. Koch, Jerome R.; Roberts, Alden E.; Armstrong, Myrna L.; Owen, Donna C. // Social Science Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p151
This research examines the relationship between body art (tattoos and piercings) and deviance. With the increasing mainstream presence of visible tattoos and piercings among entertainers, athletes, and even in corporate boardrooms, we wonder the extent to which long-time enthusiasts and...
- BODY PIERCING, TATTOOING, SELF-ESTEEM, AND BODY INVESTMENT IN ADOLESCENT GIRLS. Carroll, Lynne; Anderson, Roxanne // Adolescence;Fall2002, Vol. 37 Issue 147, p627
Presents a study that investigated the significance of body art to adolescent girls. Background on the popularity of tattooing and body piercing; Discussion on peer acceptance and self-identity; Analysis of reasons behind self-mutilation.
- Why Not Tattoo? Dickinson, Amy // Time;11/22/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 21, p113
Offers information on the increasing popularity of piercing and tattooing among teens. State laws prohibiting studios from tattooing and piercing minors without parental consent; How parents can discourage tattooing and piercing. INSETS: Soul Mates (heart disease), by Alain L. Sanders;Let...
- `Body art' popular, but removal can be expensive. McCulley, Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/07/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p34
Reports on the efforts of legislators to regulate body piercing and tattooing in Louisiana. Reasons for the popularity of body art; Health concerns over body piercing and tattoos; Advances in tattoo removal.
- BODY ADORNMENT: A COMPARISON OF THE ATTITUDES OF BUSINESSPEOPLE AND STUDENTS IN THREE STATES. Dale, Larry R.; Bevill, Sandra; Roach, Terry; Glasgow, Susan; Bracy, Courtney // Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal;2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p69
This study explored the perceptions of 1,412 students and 581 business persons from Arkansas, Ohio and California, regarding visible tattoos and body piercings, called body adornment, in order to develop recommendations for faculty and students. Using a correlation, the dependent variables that...
- Making an Impression. Bednar, Joseph // BusinessWest;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p10
Explores the tattooing business in western Massachusetts as of April 2002. Popularity of piercing and tattooing; Competition in the tattoo industry; Color selection for tattoo designs.