LATINO CULTURAL COMPETENCE AMONG HEALTH EDUCATORS: PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION IMPLICATIONS
- DEVELOPING THE INTERCULTURAL DIMENSION IN LANGUAGE TEACHING. IRIMIA, Maria Lorena // International Journal of Communication Research;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p325
The 'Intercultural Dimension' is nowdays part of the language teaching. Its aims are to give learners intercultural competence and linguistic competence, to prepare them for interaction with people of other cultures, to enable them to understand people from other cultures as individuals with...
- Cutting crime. // Hispanic;Jul1994, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p12
Shows how United States Hispanics rated crime control and drug prevention as the most important public policy issues in need of increased government spending. Percentages of Cuban Americans, Mexican Americans and Puerto Rican.
- Our responsibility. Rodriquez, Maria Elena // Hispanic;Jul1994, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p84
Opinion. Encourages other Latinos not to become embittered by insensitive remarks by non-Latinos but to set aside `la envidia' and focus on individual and collective plans and goals. The need to support the achievements of fellow Hispanics; The call to try to make a difference on a daily basis.
- No more status quo! // Hispanic;Mar1995, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p9
Cites the results of a national survey which found that 54% of Hispanics in the United States would like to see a third political party.
- Are you pro-choice? // Hispanic;Mar1995, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
Features the `Hispanic' poll question for March 1995. Telephone numbers to answer yes or no. How the results will be published in a future issue of the magazine.
- Latino voter trends. // Hispanic;Sep1997, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the results of the William C. Velasquez Institute's survey regarding Latino voters' attitude on various issues. Opposition to legislation eliminating bilingual education to children of illegal immigrants; Security along the Mexican-American border.
- Hispanic poll. // Hispanic;Apr1995, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p12
Presents the April 1995 `Hispanic' magazine poll question, which asks readers if they support affirmative action. Telephone numbers to reply; Results of the January/February 1995 poll question dealing with support for a health care reform bill.
- Our Hispanic predicament. Chavez, Linda // Commentary;Jun98, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p47
Opinion. Focuses on the attitudes of the Hispanic community within the United States, with reference to the events which took place during a Gold Cup soccer match in California. Which teams played in this match; What was the outcome and implications of this situation; Details on suggested...
- Check your attitude. Yager, Ed // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/8/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p8
Emphasizes the significance of the attitude of a customer contact personnel to the success of an organization. Example of a success story that gave importance to attitude; Responsibility of leaders to check his own attitude; Dimensions of self-awareness; Benefit of checking a negative attitude...