EVALUATION OF AN UNDERAGE DRINKING AND DRIVING PREVENTION PROGRAM
- Every 15 Minutes. Dean, Aaron // Fire Engineering;Feb2008, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p85
The article describes the "Every 15 Minutes" drinking and driving awareness program for high schools, discusses the effect it has on the attitudes regarding alcohol of parents and students, and offers advice to fire departments on their role in the program. The program involves a mock crash...
- Effect of Community-Based Interventions on High-Risk Drinking and Alcohol-Related Injuries. Holder, Harold D.; Gruenewald, Paul J.; Ponicki, William R.; Treno, Andrew J.; Grube, Joel W.; Saltz, Robert F.; Voas, Robert B.; Reynolds, Robert; Davis, Johnetta; Sanchez, Linda; Gaumont, George; Roeper, Peter // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/8/200, Vol. 284 Issue 18, p2341
Presents a study to determine the effect of community-based environmental interventions in reducing the rate of high-risk drinking and alcohol-related motor vehicle injuries and assaults. Methods; Results; Conclusion.
- No Excuses! // Body Bulletin;Dec2000, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p3
Features ways an individual can reply to some common excuses of prospective drunk drivers.
- Lower blood alcohol reduces crashes. // State Legislatures;Jan97, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the study conducted by Boston University relating to the lowering of blood alcohol limits for drunk drivers to lessen automobile fatalities in Boston, Massachusetts. Conduct of research.
- Please use designated driver during holidays and save lives. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p46
Reports the call for the use of designated driver during holidays in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Details on alcohol-related vehicular accidents; Establishment of an anti-drunk driving campaign; Efforts to prevent traffic fatality during the holiday season.
- Drive safely, enjoy the holidays: Let us call a cab for... Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p40
Advises drivers to avoid driving while drunk during the holidays to promote safety and enjoy the season. Designation of a driver in a group who pledge not to drink; Assistance offered by 911; Punishment for violators in Jefferson Parish.
- Day Spa Teams Up with MADD. Menehan, Karen // Massage Magazine;Jul2007, Issue 134, p40
The article focuses on the initiative of Iatria Day Spa in teaming up with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) to curb drunk driving incidents during promenade events by launching the Safe Prom Program in North Carolina. This program was influenced by a series of incidents which involved...
- Road Casualties and Changes in Risky Driving Behavior in France Between 2001 and 2004 Among Participants in the GAZEL Cohort. Constant, Aymery; Salmi, Louis Rachid; Lafont, Sylviane; Chiron, Mireille; Lagarde, Emmanuel // American Journal of Public Health;Jul2009, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p1247
Objectives. We investigated behavioral changes in a large cohort of drivers to identify underlying causes of the decline in road casualties in France. Methods. In 2001 and 2004, 11240 participants used self-administered questionnaires to report attitudes toward road safety and driving behaviors....
- Teens who play dead. Daniels, Alex // Governing;Mar97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p13
Reports that a program has been instituted in high schools in Spokane, Washington designed to make students aware of the dangers of drinking alcohol and driving. Details on the format of the program; Impact of the program on incidents of fatal drunk driving accidents.