TESTICULAR AND BREAST SELF-EXAMINATION KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICES OF CERTIFIED ATHLETIC TRAINERS AND THE SECONDARY PREVENTION OF SUCH CANCERS IN INTERCOLLEGIATE STUDENT-ATHLETES
- 10 HOW TO ... BE BREAST AWARE. P. C. // Diva;Jan2007, Issue 128, p8
The article provides health information about women's breasts. Self-examination of the breast is important to spot any problems a lot sooner. Checking them out only takes around five or ten minutes once a month. It is important to check for changes in size and coloring, as well as any rashes and...
- Factores asociados a la prÃ¡ctica correcta del autoexamen de mama en mujeres de Tunja (Colombia). Manrique Abril, Fred Gustavo; Ospina Díaz, Juan Manuel; Vega Fuentes, Nancy Astrid; Morales Pacheco, Adriana Lisset; Herrera Amaya, Giomar // Investigacion & Educacion en Enfermeria;mar2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p18
Objective. To determine the factors associated with the correct execution of breast self examination (BSE) in adult women from Tunja, Boyaca (Colombia). Methodology. Cross sectional epidemiological study, carried out in 2009 using a multi-stage randomized stratified sampling. 810 women were...
- Humps and bumps: feel them â€¦ like it or lump it. Touyz, Louis Z. G. // Current Oncology;Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, pe115
The article discusses the importance of personal self-examination on the early detection of most prevalent cancers including breast, oral, and testis. It says that lumps and bumps on skin, thyroid, breast or testis should be taken seriously by individuals and should be reported to general...
- Vital to promote testicular self-examination. Wordsworth, Andrew // Pulse;6/3/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 22, p24
Presents information on a study which examined the need for increased public awareness on testicular cancer and testicular self-examination in Great Britain. Number of men who participated in the study; Findings of the study.
- Cancer Detection: The Educational Role of the Athletic Trainer. Zientek, Candice E.; Dewald, Lori L. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Jan-Mar98, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p45
Examines the role of the athletic trainer in educating athletes on how to detect cancer by means of conducting self-examinations. Reference to research published in the March 1996 issue of the `Journal of Athletic Training'; Indication that breast cancer is the most prevalent type of cancer...
- Effects of Peer and Group Education on Knowledge, Beliefs and Breast Self-Examination Practice among University Students in Turkey. Karayurt, Özgül; Dicle, Aklime; Malak, Arzu Tuna // Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences;2009, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p59
Aims: To determine the effects of peer and group education on knowledge and beliefs about breast cancer and performance of breast self-examination (BSE). Materials and Methods: The study included a total of 193 female university students, of whom 59 were assigned to peer education and 134 to...
- Awareness of mammography and breast self-examination: a survey. Okaro, A. O.; Eze, C. U.; Ohagwu, C. C. // African Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health;Jul-Sep2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p129
The aim of the study was to assess the level of awareness of the women in Enugu, South-Eastern Nigeria about breast cancer, mammography and breast self-examination (BSE). A crosssectional prospective survey that targeted women between 17 and 40 years old was conducted. The survey instrument was...
- The new breast cancer controversy. Califano, Julia // Self;May2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p104
Focuses on the importance of doing monthly breast self-exams (BSE) to beat breast cancer in the U.S. Effects of self exams on survival benefits; Controversy on the effectiveness of BSE; Increase of breast cancer awareness.
- Your most important health check. Sheehan, Jan // Marie Claire (US Edition);Oct2001, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p284
Reports on the importance of regular check-up on breast cancer to prevent breast cancer. Description on lump development; Steps on making breast self-exam; Misconceptions on breast cancer.