COMPARISON OF HEALTH EDUCATION AND BASIC PUBLIC HEALTH PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Rol de los docentes de ciencias de la salud y el desarrollo de sus competencias. // Iatreia;dic2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p432
No abstract available.
- Epidemiology Competency Development and Application to Training for Local and Regional Public Health Practitioners. Baseman, Janet G.; Marsden-Haug, Nicola; Holt, Victoria L.; Stergachis, Andy; Goldoft, Marcia; Gale, James L. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb2008 Supplement, Vol. 123, p44
In 2002, the Northwest Center for. Public Health Practice (NWCPHP) at the University of Washington initiated the Epidemiology Competencies Project, with the goal of developing competency-based epidemiology training for non-epidemiologist public health practitioners in the northwestern United...
- Public health workers need more training, new policy statement says. // Nation's Health;May/Jun95, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the completion of the Joint Council of Governmental Public Health Agencies' two policy statements on public health work force training and data systems integration. Highlights of the two statements; Contact information.
- Online network links public health workers to educational resources. Late, Michele // Nation's Health;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p10
A popular Web resource is helping strengthen the readiness of the U.S. public health work force by connecting health professionals to training opportunities. The TrainingFinder Realtime Affiliate Integrated Network, online at www.train.org, serves as a nationwide database of public health...
- Dracunculiasis, Yemen. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;1/19/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p22
Reports the occurrence of dracunculiasis in Yemen. Evaluation of the Yemen Guinea Worm Eradication Programme; Advocacy on the eradication of dracunculiasis; Training of health workers on surveillance and health education activities.
- Teacher Competencies in Health Education: Results of a Delphi Study. Moynihan, Sharon; Paakkari, Leena; Välimaa, Raili; Jourdan, Didier; Mannix-McNamara, Patricia // PLoS ONE;12/2/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
Objective: The aim of this research study was to identify the core competencies for health education teachers in supporting the development of health literacy among their students. Method/Results: A three round Delphi method was employed. Experts in health education were asked to identify core...
- Building Leadership for Health. Lister, Graham // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Dec2007, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p980
The article presents "Building Leadership for Health" (BLFH), a set of free training resources for health leaders. According to the author, BLFH provides links to several health leadership and management courses. It also states that BLFH enables health leaders to share their experiences and...
- Leadership: Creating a Shared Destiny. Kerfoot, Karlene // MEDSURG Nursing;Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p323
Evaluates the importance of leadership in health care organizations. Discussion on the management of health care personnel; Tips on fostering leadership in corporations; Details on management support and training to improve leadership skills of health workers.
- Beginning and Intermediate/Advanced Courses in Epi Info. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/22/2008, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p183
The article presents a brief description of two training courses for Epi info (CDC statistical software for public health practitioners) to be offered by Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Office of Workforce and Career...