HEALTH SCREEN FEEDBACK PROMPTS MEDICAL FOLLOW-UP VISITS AMONG PHYSICALLY ACTIVE SENIOR ADULTS
- CORRESPONDENCE. Lüder, Dipl.-biol. Steffen; Hommer, Georg; Hagen, phil. Bernd; Strauch, Stefan // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;1/20/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p46
A letter to the editor in response to the article "The J1 adolescent health check-up: analysis of data from the German KiGGS survey," by Bernd Hagen and Stefan Strauch in a 2011 issue and a response by the authors are presented.
- Seniors Transportation Program. // La Prensa San Diego;6/13/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p4
The article offers information on a new transportation progam for senior citizens which offers transportation to pharmacy, medical appointments, and other locales.
- SAVE BIG ON HEALTH CARE ï¿½EVEN WHEN YOUR BODY STARTS FALLING APART. Gengler, Amanda; Lee, Anne C.; Asher-Ejiofor, Zain // Money;Jun2012, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p88
The article provides advice to reduce out of pocket costs of personal health care, focusing especially on care for older adults. Some of the advice considered includes limiting doctors' office visits by personally monitoring health issues at home, saving money on prescriptions by switching to...
- PAF65Â The growth of English neurology: more consultants, more appointments, still a lottery. P Morrish // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Nov2010, Vol. 81 Issue 11, pe17
Outpatient adult neurology in England is growing rapidly, increasing from 235 000 new appointments in 2003â€“2004 to 396 000 in 2008â€“2009. It is serving a greater proportion of the population, increasing from 5.8 new appointments per 1000 population (over 15 years old) in...
- SHOULD YOU GET A FLU SHOT? // Prevention;Dec2012, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p12
The article presents information on myths and facts associated with flu including immunization of elderly, need for appointment to a doctor and flu caused by vaccination.
- Senior Citizen Center offers much to city of Graham. MONK, GAYE // Graham Leader;9/6/2015, Vol. 140 Issue 7, p4A
No abstract available.
- Do You Know the Right Time of Day for Your Medical Screenings? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
Deals with the best time of day to go for medical tests and other appointments with health professionals. Medical screenings or tests which covers timing of medication; Importance of time schedule and medical results for several diagnostic tests.
- Exactly What To Say At The Doctor's Office. Grimes, Jill // Glamour;May2011, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p167
The article offers tips for making a worthwhile appointment to a doctor. It lists the six important questions that patients should ask their doctors during an examination, such as the symptoms that bother them the most, when did the symptoms start and how long will they last, and what makes them...
- Why Some People Do Not Show Up for Planned Colorectal Cancer Screening. Turner, B. J.; Weiner, M.; Yang, C.; TenHave, T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;4/6/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 7, pI55
Reports on the study conducted on people's reluctance in showing up for planned colorectal screening. Role of rectum and colon endoscopy in the early detection of cancer; Misconceptions about the process; Reports on the rise in the number of patients who missed scheduled physician appointments.