Tight Spaces, Long Trips
- Economically Innovative. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
The article highlights the contributions of nutrition services director Sue Bettenhausen in developing the foodservice program at Scottsdale Unified School District in Arizona. In addition to the physical changes, Bettenhausen made a time change. Now between 40 and 50 students at a time are...
- IN WAKE OF $4.5-MIL. JUDGMENT: School district switches to precooked beef for liability. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Explains why the Finley School District in Kennewick, Washington buys precooked meal following a food poisoning incident. Comments about product liability; Background of the food poisoning incident; Impact of the incident to the food service program of the school district.
- TESTING NEW ENTREES: School widens menu choices. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the increase in student participation in the school food service implemented at the Decatur City School District in Bainbridge, Georgia. Details on the service.
- Food, Design Draw Students. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the opening of a food court at Grassfield High School in the Chesapeake School District in Virginia. The food court, which will be named this semester through a student competition that is designed to give the students some ownership, offers eight stations, whose names...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- CUTS LABOR IMMEDIATELY: Automation at Pittsburgh schools in for `long term'. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p44
Reports on the renovation and automation of the commissary of Pittsburgh school districts in Pennsylvania that will help cut labor cost and streamline production and work flow. Installation of a cook-chill system; Renovation of the city's Central Foodservice Center in spring 1999; Annual...
- IN CARNEGIE, PA: CAPACITY KEEPS F/S JOBS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the food service operation at the Carlynton School District in Carnegie, Pennsylvania for three non-district schools. Purpose of the operation; Components of the district; Number of students fed at the district.
- UNANNOUNCED CHECK-UPS: Florida school district audits cafeterias. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the implementation of a Five Star Quality and Performance Review by the Brevard County School District in Florida its school cafeterias. Explanation from Dawn Houser, food service director of the district; Scope of the review; What made the program successful; Benefits of the program.
- IN LAS VEGAS, FOOD'S PREPPED, CHILLED AND REHEATED: H. SCHOOLS DISH UP ELEM. MEALS. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the food service program at Cark City School District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Benefits of the Dish Up program; How the meals are prepared.