In Pursuit of Perfect Purees: One Operator's Quest
- Hot holding/service. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p217
The article presents an encyclopedia entry for hot holding/service. It is stated that only as much food as is needed should be prepared and cooked to ensure the safety of food held on display for service. It is suggested that internal food temperatures should be measured using a calibrated...
- Food Safety at Temporary Events. // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov2006, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p92
The article offers some tips from food safety experts to keep off-site events free of the risk of foodborne illnesses. Obtain permits and food code requirements from local health departments or government agencies and give them information such as where to hold the event, the number of people to...
- Be Smart! Be a Part of Safety Month. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p100
Provides information on the efforts of the food service industry to promote food safety. Education campaigns on food safety; Theme of the Annual National Food Safety Education Month for year 2000; Public awareness in the proper food handling procedures.
- International Food Safety Congress: Education in proper techniques can stamp out food-borne illness. Farquharson // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p32
Comments on food-safety issues. Need to educate employees in proper food handling techniques; International Food Safety Council's hosting of the International Food Safety Congress 2000 in Orlando, Florida.
- BY AUDITING SUPPLIERS: ENSURING SAFE SUPPLIES. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p88
Discusses the role of food safety and sanitation in the purchasing and receiving of food supplies. Increase in the number of food service operators who audit their vendors as of June 2002; Details of proper food auditing; Factors related to food safety issues.
- Keep It Hot. // Southern Living;Jul2008, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p120
The article offers tips related to food safety. To check the temperature of the dish before serving, an instant-read thermometer is suggested to be used. It is considered helpful to always thaw food in the refrigerator, and if preparing casserole for a crowd, it is advised to make it in several...
- FOOD SAFETY FOR THE GREAT OUTDOORS. Pullig, Micah // SB Magazine;Jun2012, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
The article safety and healthy tips when preparing and cooking food outdoor such as keeping hand hygiene, awareness of the temperature danger zone, and handing raw foods.
- Don't Trust -- Verify. Norton, Char // Food Management;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p68
Once the structure for a HACCP program is in place, one needs to verify that the system is working as intended. Once the monitoring procedures have been set for a HACCP program and identified specific corrective actions to take when there is a failure to meet established critical limits, the...
- A Two-Sided Issue: Food-Handling Safety. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p176
Deals with food safety issues concerning food service employees. Need for preventive maintenance; Personal hygienic habits of employees; Management of sick kitchen employees. INSET: Personal Questions.