Platform for Diversity
- the STANFORD way. Friendland, Ann; Lawn, John // Food Management;Oct2007, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p36
The article focuses on the Stanford Dining (SD) which operates as a self-sustaining auxiliary catering at the Stanford University in Palo, Alto, California. According to Rafi Taherian, executive director of the restaurant, the department's role is extending significantly beyond managing level...
- Taherian Is Yale Dining Director. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
The article announces the appointment of Rafi Taherian as the executive director of Yale University Dining Services in New Haven, Connecticut.
- A perfect fit for campus. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;1/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the popularity of the Mediterranean cuisine served by the foodservice teams of campuses in North America. Acceptance of the cuisine among campuses; Samples of mediterranean dishes served on campuses; Information on a Mediterranean night planned by the foodservice team of the Colby...
- Brand battles boredom. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the success of the Chameleon concept designed by Stanford University in Stanford, California, for its Wilbur Dining. Sales performance of the university's food service after implementing the concept; Information on the menus of the Chameleon program; Reason for developing the concept.
- STAFF TAKE THE STAGE: Stanford Univ. wows students with pop & sizzle foodservice. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p46
Deals with the renovation of Stern Dining Hall at Stanford University in Stanford, California. Factors responsible for the popularity of Stern Dining Hall; Details on its food service stations; Renovation cost; Menu offerings; Meal plans.
- Taherian to Head Yale Dining. // Food Management;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p18
The article announces that Rafi Taherian has been appointed as executive director of the campus dining services of Yale University.
- Sailing the Mediterranean. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
The article probes into the emerging trend of using Mediterranean cuisine among food service operators to promote healthful dining. The cuisine is characterized by the use of olive and vegetable oils and the high consumption of fruits, vegetables, bread and other cereals, grains, potatoes,...
- Full-Court Panini Press. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
The article examines the diversity and popularity of paninis as a food service offering. Originally from Italy, the panini is a sandwich grilled on a panini press, cut horizontally and filled with a variety of ingredients found traditionally in the Mediterranean region. Several institutions...
- Culinary Motherland. // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p34
The article presents a discussion by San Diego State University's Executive Chef Ahmed Shazly on his menu strategies involving Mediterranean cookery. He mentions that his cookery emphasizes Mediterranean food, particularly those from Portugal, Spain and Italy. Among the dishes mentioned by...