- The Antioxidant Properties of Greek Foods and the Flavonoid Content of the Mediterranean Menu. Vasilopoulou, E.; Georga, K.; Joergensen, M. Bjoerkov; Naska, A.; Trichopoulou, A. // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic ;Jan2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p33
The Mediterranean diet is currently attracting interest because of its health benefits that may be due, in part, to the high content of this diet in antioxidant phytochemicals. The variety and amount of phytochemicals taken with the consumption of primary and composite foods of the Mediterranean...
- Mediterranean South. King, Paul // FoodService Director;1/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p32
The article highlights the contribution of North African cuisine to the Mediterranean diet. Moroccan foods, and North African recipes in general, make use of a wide variety of spices and an interesting array of cooking techniques. As Mediterranean cuisine becomes more mainstream, the foods of...
- The Sugar Bar proves solid as a rock for Ashford & Simpson. Wilkins, Duane // New York Amsterdam News;12/03/98, Vol. 89 Issue 49, p28
Talks about the Sugar Bar, an African- and Mediterranean-style restaurant in New York City, New York, owned by Nick Ashford and Valerie Simpson. Remarks from director of operations Jan Boger; Menu offered at Sugar Bar; Contact information.
- Sea of Opportunity. Riell, Howard // Frozen Food Age;Feb2005, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on the similarities between the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005. Overview of the guidelines which call for U.S. citizens to eat more fruits and vegetables; Reasons behind the increased interest in Mediterranean cuisine; Background on food...
- A MEDITERRANEAN MENU for Outdoor Entertaining-OPA! // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;3/11/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p10
The article offers information related to Mediterranean cuisine. Topics discussed include the various ingredients for the menu such as fruits, grains, and vegetables, the versatility of onion as food ingredient, and tips on how to prepare onions for a more flavorful menus. A recipe for the...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/20/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 51, p40
The article presents information on various developments related to restaurant business. Phillips Famous Seafood, a fast-casual restaurant, introduced three Asian-theme items to its units in Silver Spring and Rockville, Maryland. Phillips crab-and-shrimp spring rolls are made with blue swimming...
- North African crossroads. Cobe, Patricia // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pF10
This article discusses the culinary legacy of Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria. According to the article, about 80 percent of the Marrakesh menu focuses on authentic Moroccan dishes, prepared according to ancient traditions. It also identifies certain techniques and ingredients that essential to the...
- Mediterranean Comfort Food. // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec2013, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p38
The article presents information related to Mediterranean comfort foods.
- CLASSIC MEZZE, GREAT DESIGN IN FREDERICK. Head, Thomas; Hacinli, Cynthia // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p134
Recommends the Mediterranean Grill, a restaurant in Frederick, Maryland. Description of the facilities; Menus offered by the restaurant.