- IFMA announces Silver Plate winners. // FoodService Director;3/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the winners of the International Food Service Manufacturers Association Silver Plate Awards for 2007, including John Holeman and Pavel Matustik in the noncommercial food service category and Susan Feniger in the restaurant category winners.
- PRISON CATERER WINS BBC TITLE. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/1/2005, Vol. 195 Issue 4402, p12
The article reports on the award received by chef Al Crisci during the BBC Radio 4 Food and Farming Awards 2005. Crisci has been awarded the Best Dinner Man for improving the food served at HM Prison High Down in Sutton, England. Crisci was praised for his innovative recipes and liberal use of...
- FOOD SAFETY & COOKING. // Corrections Forum;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p45
The article presents proper food handling, storage, cooking and holding methods in order to avoid food and public health dangers in correctional facilities. It provides the temperature danger zone and the rapid bacteria growth zone where potentially hazardous food must not spend four hours...
- Phil Atkinson. // Food Management;Dec2013, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p48
The article offers information on Phil Atkinson, President of the Association for Correctional Food Service Affiliates (ACFSA). It states that Phil focuses on culinary schools and the ACFSA Correctional Package Equipment Specification document to raise awareness and interests of students in the...
- Vegetarian Convictions. Stone, Daniel // Newsweek;12/17/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 25, p14
The article focuses on a study by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) about U.S. prisons and vegan food. PETA studied menus in every state system and produced a scale that ranks the state institutions that have the most options for vegan prisoners. Article topics include the...
- HONORING Correctional Staff 2014. // American Jails;Sept/Oct2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p24
The article offers information on the National Correctional Officers and Employees Week which was observed by several agencies of the U.S. in May 2014. Topics discussed include cooking dinner and preparing hamburgers by the jail services at the Ada County Sheriff's Office in Boise, Idaho,...
- Correctional Revolution? King, Paul // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience talking with the food service director of Federal Correctional Institution (FCI)-Taybrook in Lake Placid, New York.
- Ohio Settles Halal Prison Food Lawsuit. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p4
The article reports on the move of the State of Ohio to settle a lawsuit with a Muslim inmate over the serving of halal meals in a prison.
- John Holeman. Lawn, John // Food Management;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p46
The article announces that John Holeman has received the International Food Manufacturers Association Silver Plate award from "Food Management."