- What's cookin'? Mattox, Rachel Long // Health Facilities Management;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
Deals with the reconstruction of cafeteria and food stations at several hospitals in the United States aimed to provide quality services and to lessen health risks on customers. Objectives of the facility redesign at the cafeteria of St. Joseph Regional Medical Center at Lewiston, Idaho;...
- The Glacier Calls. // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
The article profiles Kris Schroeder, director of nutrition services at the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Schroeder, a 2007 Silver Plate winner in healthcare, has had a drive to climb to the summit from a very early age. She recalls her mom telling the story of how she found her...
- A Pioneer Revisited. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article focuses on Seattle's Swedish Medical Center, one of the first room service hospitals. Allen Caudle, the food service director at Swedish Medical Center, appointed Kris Schroeder to oversee the implementation of room service at the hospital. As is true of all pioneers, Caudle and...
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- A Sea of Change at UCSF Medical Center. King, Paul // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p32
This article deals with the first major foodservice renovation at University of California, San Francisco Medical Center in San Francisco, California. The project, which aims to renovate the hospital's cafeteria and kitchen, has an almost eight million U.S. dollar budget. The 379-seat Moffitt...
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center rolls out preplated meals hospitalwide. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the food production center at Columbia Presbyterian medical Center has switched from shipping foods in bulk to preplating patient's meals to save on labor and food costs. Food savings from decreased waste; Preparation of meals five meals in advance of service; Result of tests on the...
- Weekly menu plan helps keep labor dollars down. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the advantages of the weekly menu system introduced at the Integris Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Features of the system; Information included in description of menu items and substitutions; Considerations in implementing the new system.
- NEW ITEMS BECOME PERMANENT: UCLA Med. adds promos. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the operational status of Cafe Med, the food service sector of UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California as of February 15, 2003. Increase in sales at the facility; Factors which contribute to the success of the cafe; Menu offerings.