- UVA, Morrison Signal Health. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the introduction of the cafeteria program called Signals for Health by the University of Virginia Medical Center in its Wahoo West cafeteria. The cafeteria program is extension of successful year-old vending program. Signals for Health provides color coding for menu items...
- Robotics' Human Element. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p84
The article focuses on the use of a robotics system to move food to four patient towers at Ohio State University Medical Center (OSUMC) in Columbus. The network-linked robotic food transport carts are run via a wireless network. The automated carts boost quality and safety by permitting staffers...
- Seeking to reduce special diet numbers. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p12s
Reports on the reduction of special hospital patient menus by reducing fat, calories, sodium, and cholesterol contents in basic recipes in the United States. Nutritional information printed together with hospital menus; Descriptions of recipe; Modification of recipes to satisfy costumers and...
- PRESSURE COOKER of an issue: control of food service. Andrews, John // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p27
Examines the increasing involvement of materials managers in the food service operations of hospitals in the United States. Arguments against the assumption of food service control by materials managers; Functions of food service managers; Questions to consider before considering reassignments;...
- The Future of Hospital Foodservice. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Comments on issues concerning the hospital foodservice in the United States. Characteristic of healthcare foodservice profession; Challenges faced by the industry; Insights on foodservice management of Carol Sherman at Mount Sinai/NYU Health System.
- Healthcare FSDs Play a Key Role in Their Institution's Public Relations. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the impact of hospital food service departments on the food service management industry. Public relations issue resulting from the creation of larger hospital networks; Perception of hospitals as big businesses dominated by profit pressures; Need for dieticians to effectively...
- Adding Revenue Streams. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the initiative of the foodservice department at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine in turning to take-home meals for an additional revenue stream.
- Competing for dollars': Abbott Northwestern Hosp. measures profit-contribution. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p88
Focuses on the food service operation in the Abbott Northwestern Hospital cafeteria. Hospital's cafeteria's goal for 1997; Emphasis on retail marketing matrix system to become more competitive; Analysis on product preferences of the consumer.
- NY Hospital launches same-day menu selects. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on additions made to the food service operations at the Benedictine Hospital in Kingston, New York to better serve patient needs. Rationale for offering same-day selection patient menu; Cycle of the patient menu; Operational charges; Impact on service times; Menu features. INSET:...