Oliver Makes Her Mark
- Awards, Appointments, Announcements. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;8/19/2009, Vol. 101 Issue 16, p1115
The article offers information on awards, appointments, and announcements related to cancer. Director of Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center Jennifer Pietenpol was named as member of John Hopkins University of Scholars. Gisela Sanchez-Williams, nurse in University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer...
- Semtech Becomes Gold Sponsor of New UCLA Daltrey / Townshend Teen Cancer Unit. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;11/16/2011, Vol. 21, p639
The article reports on the announcement from Camarillo, California-based Semtech Corp. regarding its donation of 25,000 dollars to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Hospital System for the Daltrey/Townshend Teen Cancer Unit development at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in...
- `Meltdown'. Larson, Laurie // AHA News;4/29/96, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the financial recovery of Los Angeles County + University of Southern California (LAC + USC) Medical Center from a near-closure in 1996. Final approval of a waiver of federal Medicaid requirements; Medical services provided by LAC + USC to county residents; Staff population and...
- UCLA Med. Ctr. revises tray prep. // FoodService Director;07/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p2
States that the Santa Monica/UCLA Medical Center has eliminated its tray-line. How the current tray system will work; Comments from Marie DeGuzman-Latin, director of hospitality support services; Benefits of the system to hospital staff.
- Budget cuts could doom County-USC. Kertesz, Louise; Goldstein, Marc Alan // Modern Healthcare;6/26/95, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p5
Reports on Los Angeles County Chief Administrative Officer Sally Reed's proposal to close Los Angeles County+University of Southern California Medical Center to help meet the county's budget deficit for fiscal year 1995 beginning July 1. Coalition of privet hospitals' meeting to find an...
- Emergency room, save thyself. Streisand, Betsy // U.S. News & World Report;7/10/95, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p13
Reports on plans by budget cutters to close Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center (LAC-USC). Reasons given as to why the hospital facility should be closed; Services that this hospital provides for its patrons.
- USC studies impact of closings. McBride, Susan H. // Ophthalmology Times;07/15/96, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the implications of closing a county medical facility to patients. Findings by the Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center; Alternate means of care.
- Digital docs. R.G. // Electronic Design;05/17/99, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p48D
Focuses on a virtual hospital that will be built at the University of California, Los Angeles' Medical Center. Design of the physical structure by architect I.M. Pei; Palm sized devices to be carried by doctors and nurses; High-tech flat panel displays to be installed in the patient rooms;...
- Calling doctor, stat. Anderson, Susan; Chaffee, Maggie // Wireless Review;04/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on SpectraLink's signing of an agreement with University of California Los Angeles Medical Center to provide real-time telephone communications to hospital staffs. Installation of the SpectraLink Pocket Communications System; Volvo Construction Equipment's use of SpectraLink's system...