Vermont foodservice director wins major humanitarian award
- 4 to receive Wilkins Humanitarian Awards at state NAACP fete. // New York Amsterdam News;6/10/95, Vol. 86 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the New York State Conference of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's hosting of the 15th annual Roy Wilkins Humanitarian Awards reception on June 8, 1995. Names of honorees; Contact information.
- Lakeside family services to honor advocates for kids. // New York Amsterdam News;04/26/97, Vol. 88 Issue 17, p20
States that Lakeside Family and Children's Services has announced the recipients of the Humanitarian Recognition Award. Information on the award; Names of the presenter of the awards.
- Isra AID to get humanitarian award. // Washington Jewish Week;11/10/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 44, p15
The article announces that IsraAID will receive the Luminary Award on November 15, 2011.
- Detroit Clinic Recognized. // Islamic Horizons;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p19
The article reports that the 2013 Ibn Sina Award for Excellence in Humanitarian Service was presented by the Compassionate Care Network to the Huda Clinic, a facility run by Muslims based in Detroit, Michigan.
- Arts Medal Winners honored by Pres. // Back Stage;10/6/95, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p4
Reports on the honor awarded by President Bill Clinton and first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton to the 1995 recipients of the National Medal of the Arts and the Charles Frankel Prize in the Humanities on October 5, 1995.
- Personal Touch. O'MALLEY, SHARON // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;May2015, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p129
The article announces that Dan Ryan of home builder Dan Ryan Buildes has received the 2015 Hearthstone Humanitarian Award from the journal.
- Hale House benefit a glittering affair. Delaney, Yvonne // New York Amsterdam News;6/10/95, Vol. 86 Issue 23, p18
Highlights the proceedings during the 1995 gala awards dinner that was held in tribute to Hale House in New York City. Comments from Mother Hale Awards for Caring awardees Anne Murdoch, news anchor Carol Jenkins and the disaster relief organization AmericCares; History of Hale House; Celebrities...
- Chambers honors humanitarians. // Crain's Detroit Business;6/26/95, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p27
Reports on the recipients of the Detroit Chamber of Commerce's Richard C. Van Dusen Summit Award for their humanitarian efforts. Includes William Cunningham, executive director of Focus: HOPE; Maureen Fay, president of University of Detroit, Mercy.
- All dressed up. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/16/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 92, p16
Reports on the presentation of the 1997 American Jewish Committee National Human Relations Award to David J. Pecker, president and chief executive officer of Hachette Filipacchi Magazines. Comments from award presenter John F. Kennedy Jr.; Business executives who attended the event.