- What's the buzz? McDermott, Karen Govel // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p26
Offers advice for food service operators on soliciting customer feedback. Methods available for operators on soliciting feedback; Types of factors that written surveys should measure; Use of mystery shoppers.
- Your most important business relationship. Lawn, John // Food Management;Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p6
Discusses the strategies that support emotional bond-building between a food service and its customers. Includes hiring employees who have attitude and personality; Emphasizing on relationship building; Designing promotions and special events; Rewarding regulars; Matching servery design to the...
- When it comes to good customer service employee training is no laughing matter. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p27
Editorial. Comments on the disagreement between a customer and an employee of a neighborhood Starbucks coffee shop in California. Lesson on building good customer relations and repeat business; Fault in the training of the employee.
- Good Connections. Bast, Ken // CRN;Spring2008 Channel Advisor, p8
An introduction to articles featured within the issue is presented, including articles on vendor relationships that involve Inacom Information Systems and Northwest Computer Support and on executing marketing activities with manufacturer support.
- Connecting The Supply Chain With Visibility, Collaboration. Tigges, Kevin // Food Logistics;Mar2010, Issue 120, p44
The article discusses how Microsoft Corp. is working closely with food and beverage customers to enable them to effectively use their technology investments in solving business problems. According to the author, a key commonality among the most successful food and beverage companies is the...
- Interaction with customers: The Application of Social Media within the Austrian Supply Chain for Food and Beverages. Meixner, Oliver; Haas, Rainer; Moosbrugger, Helmut; Magdits, Philipp // International Journal on Food System Dynamics;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p26
Social media marketing has become a powerful tool of interaction with stakeholders. An increasing number of companies are using social media platforms to initiate active interaction and communication with current and prospective customers. Within this study, certain content and contact features,...
- Those who can teach: Educating guests is elementary to building repeat business. Irsfeld // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p31
Editorial. Comments on restaurateurs' need to educate customers about the cuisine and beverage options to build repeat business. Restaurant patrons' desire to combine education with their dining experiences; Importance of giving customers a selection.
- How to overcome the `strengths' of your restaurant. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;02/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p30
Gives advice on how to ensure the success of a restaurant business. Perpetuation of the original concept's character; Maintenance of loyal customers and employees; Awareness of the changing trends.
- Just How Big is Foodservice? // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p22
Reports on product development and research division of the Noble & Associates advertising and marketing firm, `Food Channel's used of a variety of methodologies to reconcile grocery and foodservice numbers in a single source. Sources used; Factors that contributed to the difficulty of...