Illinois Plans Big Dining Center
- U. Illinois students feast in specialty-concept eateries. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;01/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the creation of specialty-concept eateries at the University of Illinois in Campaign-Urbana. Offering of diverse meal choices; Number of restaurants rotated by the university; Competition among the restaurants.
- NEWS/INNOVATION. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an update on school food service in the U.S. as of February 15, 2007. The renovation of cafeteria at Muscatine High School in Iowa has increased lunch volume to more than 500%. The nutrition services department at Bartow County School in Cartersville, Georgia has decided to...
- Latin extends its reach. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p48
Highlights the growing number of college campuses that have been capitalizing on the Latin American cuisine trend in the U.S. food service market. Popularity of Latin menu items at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign; Theme of the menu offering at the State University of New York,...
- AT THE UNIV. OF ILLINOIS: Three catering divisions meet everyone's needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p68
Deals with the catering operations at the University of Illinois in Urbana. Separate divisions for the catering operations of the university; Focus of the foodservice offered in the residence halls of the school; Features of the university residence hall complexes.
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY: Lunch check $6 in law school cafe. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the Tea Room in the former Bullock's Wilshire department store in Los Angeles, California is now the cafeteria for the Southwestern University School of Law. Some of the items offered at the cafeteria; Issues considered in operating the cafeteria; Reward for ten visits to the...
- FLEXIBILITY, TAKE-OUT KEY: CORNELL BOOSTS MEAL PLAN MKTG., OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the meal plans of the Cornell University in Ithaca, New York state. Why the university decided to hire a consultant in its food service operation; Students who participated in the research stage; Cost of the plans.