COLLEGE TEAMS SQUARE OFF IN IRON CHEF COMPETITION
- Food Fight. Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;03/27/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 13, p36
Focuses on the television series `Iron Chef.' Concept of the show, in which two culinary experts compete in a cooking contest; Rules and objective of the competition; Inclusion of celebrity judges and a sports commentator to describe the action; Production of episode by the Food Network;...
- If You Can't Stand the Heat... Gordon, Devin; Begun, Bret // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);03/27/2000 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 13, p6
Reports on an episode of the Japanese television cooking program 'Iron Chef' which was filmed in New York in March, 2000. How the show centers on a contest between which chef can cook the fastest; How challenger Bobby Flay of Mesa Grill in New York showed poor sportsmanship during the contest...
- The Joy of Cooking. Stein, Joel // Time;6/26/2000, Vol. 155 Issue 26, p77
Focuses on the Japanese television program `Iron Chef,' starring chef Masaharu Morimoto. Reaction of the audience to New York City chef Bobby Flay; Description of the two chefs' competition in preparing a meal of `nouveau' cuisine.
- Campus banks on scatter style. // FoodService Director;11/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the satisfaction of students for the food service at College Misericordia in Dallas, Pennsylvania after Metz & Associates renovated its cafeteria. Students were consulted on the design and the layout of the servery. The new cafeteria used a scatter system of food stations...
- Wok on the Wild Side. Lipton, Michael A.; Matsushita, Nobuko; Yoo, Paula; Tirella, Joseph V. // People;12/11/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p147
Focuses on the relationship between the four Japanese chefs who compete against each other on the television show 'Iron Chef.'
- Look who's cooking. Andreoli, Teresa // License!;Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the licensing efforts for 'Iron Chef ,' the cable television cooking show from Japan and also seen in the U.S. Items supplied by All-U; Gift sets developed by Mirrotek Logical Approach for the show; Categories available for licensing.
- Ready, Set, Cook! Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on Ohio State University chef Josh Wickham, regional winner of the National Association of College & University Food Services' 2004 Culinary Challenge. Wickham's culinary talents; Culinary background; Challenges faced as chef de cuisine of one of the university's student dining centers.
- Student Chef Wins Spot on Dining Hall Menu. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p12
The article offers brief information on the Green Chef Challenge cooking contest at the University of California at Davis, which is a part of its effort to promote healthy eating to students through a vegetarian dish.
- BANG a GONG GET it ON! Flaherty, Mike // Entertainment Weekly;03/31/2000, Issue 533, p30
Features the television program `Iron Chef.'