NY Schools Collaborate On Menus
- Districts Taking Healthy Strides. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Discusses the progress that school cafeterias are making in offering nutritious foods to students in the U.S. Percentage of school meals that are served a la carte; Healthy foods that are offered by the Washington County public schools; Information on the strategies implemented by some...
- As reimbursables: VA schools offer upscale grab-and-go. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the restructuring of high school menus in Richmond Public Schools in Richmond, Virginia to include `grab-and-go' non-reimbursable a la carte meal packages. Reason for the restructuring; Foods featured in the restructured menus.
- The Cafe in the Trees. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p20
This article presents information on the school cafeteria at Ross School, in East Hampton, New York. In his school the student-to-computer ratio is better than one-to-one; where trips around the globe are part of the high school's curriculum; and where surfing is one of the PE electives....
- Taking the Lead. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p60
The article features Timothy Cipriano, executive director of food services for the New Haven Public Schools in Connecticut, and the changes he made to the food service programs in the area. The first change he made was switching all bread products to whole grain. He also change the hot dogs...
- You be the Judge. Donaldson, William // Saturday Evening Post;11/17/1956, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p94
Discusses a case filed by Babb O'Bannion, an individualist, against the school-lunch rule of the cafeteria at Millvale Grammar School in the U.S. Claims of O'Bannion on the rule; Response of school officials on the claims of O'Bannion; Decision of the court on the case.
- Would You? Could You? // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p27
The article focuses on the Cool Veggie Contest Day launched by Jean Ronnei, director of nutrition services at St. Paul Public Schools in Minnesota. The elementary students were asked to try the vegetables at the school cafeteria. They were asked to put their ticket in the box representing their...
- ON EAST, WEST COAST: SCHOOLS BATTLE OBESITY WITH PRODUCE. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the efforts of U.S. school cafeterias to provide more fruits and vegetables for students. Salad choices offered at public schools in Fairfax County, Virginia; Details of the Harvest of the Month program of the Los Angeles Unified School District in California; Amount spent by the...
- Untitled. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that the foodservice program of Columbus City Schools in Ohio has lost $1.75 million in 2012, with $300,000 from uncollected debt from students.
- Kids,Calories & Cardio. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the local wellness policy initiated by Peggy Lee, director of food services in Chesapeake Public Schools (CPS) in Virginia. The policy served as a practical solution to the growing concern many communities have about obesity in school children. It introduces major changes...