Growth in staff fraud
- Use 20/10/70 rule to woo staffers. // Executive Leadership;Mar2016, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the implementation of the 20/10/70 rule in managing staff, adapted from "Mad Genius" by Randy Gage.
- DECEPTION. Deering, Jordan // HR Professional;May/Jun2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the key dimensions that need to operate to reduce the incidence and magnitude of employee fraud. Topics covered include the management of pressure, opportunity and tone, the motivations behind most employment-related fraud and the development of effective policies to detect...
- A policy against employee fraud. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;10/30/95, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p25
Reports on the establishment of plans to minimize losses from employee fraud. Heightening fraud awareness among employees; Setting down a code of ethics; Estimates of cost of employee fraud; Undetected and uninsured losses; Exploitation of weaknesses; Employee fraud incident in Edmonton;...
- PREVENTING EMPLOYEE FRAUD BY MINIMIZING OPPORTUNITY. Buckhoff, Thomas A.; Morris, Thomas W. // CPA Journal;May2002, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p64
Discusses the prevention of employee fraud by minimizing the opportunity to commit such a crime. Definition of employee fraud; Elements common to all types of fraud schemes; Objectives of internal controls; Procedures included in an adequate control system.
- CHAPTER 12: Building Your Business and Hiring Employees and Other Workers. // Women's Small Business Start-Up Kit;May2012, p443
The article describes the process of hiring and managing employees and independent contractors. It stresses the importance of systematizing the tasks that make up the day-to-day operations of a business to help its owners define the responsibilities of each staff member. Businesses are also...
- Working Knowledge. Topper, Elisa F. // American Libraries;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p94
Presents an overview of background checks for potential employees. Factor which led to the background checks trend according to the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse; Information that may be checked; Steps to take in order to ensure that information is accurate.
- Firing Carlotta. Brodsky, Norm // Inc.;May2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p61
Presents an article on implementing a hiring policy against friends or relatives of employees within the company. Details of a case indicating the consequences of violating the hiring policy; Problems associated with hiring friends or relatives of employees; Aspects to consider when making an...
- Treat people as grown-ups, says HRD. Woods, David // Human Resources (09648380);Sep2009, p7
The article focuses on the bad effects of over management of staff. It states that over-management can prevent staff from showing their best effort at work because they are under the work regulations and company policy. It mentions that for a company to achieve better performance from an...
- Documenting discipline: The 3 cardinal rules for managers. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Jul2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p7
The article provides information on basic principles of documenting employee discipline in the U.S. It notes that giving employee feedback should be a regular habit of every manager of business organizations. It also indicates that employee discipline documentation should be immediate, accurate...