Advanced Abdominal Pregnancy: A Diagnostic and Management Dilemma
- RUDIMENTARY HORN PREGNANCY: PRERUPTURE DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT. Chopra, Seema; Suri, Vanita; Aggarwal, Neelam // Indian Journal of Medical Sciences;Jan2007, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p28
A unicornuate uterus with a rudimentary horn is a rare mullerian abnormality which may cause many gynecological and obstetrical complications. Rupture of pregnant rudimentary horn in the second trimester is the usual presentation, resulting in maternal morbidity and even mortality.
- Hepatic pregnancy managed conservatively. Ramphal, S. R.; Moodley, J.; Rajaruthnam, D. // Tropical Doctor;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p121
We present a case of hepatic pregnancy and discuss expectant management, use of newer imaging techniques and approaches to management, such as leaving the placenta in situ, the use of magnetic resonance imaging and sonography in the follow-up of placental involution. This case report illustrates...
- Prenatal diagnosis of dicephalic parapagus conjoined twins. Camuzcuoglu, Hakan; Toy, Harun; Vural, Mehmet; Cece, Hasan; Aydin, Halef // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;May2010, Vol. 281 Issue 3, p565
Dicephalic parapagus is a rare anomaly of monochorionic twinning. We present prenatal diagnosis of this anomaly with ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging. She was at the 19th week of gestation. Even if earlier diagnosis is possible, this was her first examination unfortunately. Baby...
- Fetal MRI for characterising a variety of posterior fossa anomalies suspected on 3rd trimester ultrasound examination -- a short series of 4 cases. Ranchod, Amaresh Indravadan; Andronikou, Savvas; Modi, Mala // South African Journal of Radiology;Feb2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p27
Fetal MRI is increasingly being used to more accurately assess abnormalities detected on screening ultrasound. The procedure is more pertinent when the initial ultrasound is done late in the third trimester and when the abnormality involves the posterior fossa of the brain. Four cases with a...
- Rudimentary-horn pregnancy: some points to review. Siristatidis, Charalampos; Chrelias, Charalampos; Kassanos, Dimitrios // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Apr2011, Vol. 283 Issue 4, p917
No abstract available.
- Accuracy of Ultrasonography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Diagnosis of Placenta Accreta. Riteau, Anne-Sophie; Tassin, Mikael; Chambon, Guillemette; Le Vaillant, Claudine; de Laveaucoupet, Jocelyne; Quéré, Marie-Pierre; Joubert, Madeleine; Prevot, Sophie; Philippe, Henri-Jean; Benachi, Alexandra // PLoS ONE;Apr2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
Purpose: To evaluate the accuracy of ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the diagnosis of placenta accreta and to define the most relevant specific ultrasound and MRI features that may predict placental invasion. Material and Methods: This study was approved by the...
- Emergency Medicine Reports. // Emergency Medicine Reports;3/14/2011 Supplement, p1
Photographs of several diagnostic images including an ultrasound image of an inflamed appendix, coronal and axial magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) images in a pregnant woman at 24 weeks gestation who suffers from appendicitis, and an ultrasonography image of a cholecystitis are presented.
- Diagnosis of Heterotopic Pregnancy Using Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the First Trimester of Pregnancy: A Case Report. Sue Yazaki Sun; Araujo Jünior, Edward; Elito Jünior, Julio; Rolo, Liliam Cristine; Campanharo, Felipe Favorette; Pereira Sarmento, Stéphanno Gomes; Machado Nardozza, Luciano Marcondes; Moron, Antonio Fernandes // Case Reports in Radiology;2012, p1
Heterotopic pregnancy is a condition characterized by implantation of one or more viable embryos into the uterine cavity while another one is implanted ectopically, particularly into the uterine tube. Its occurrence has increased drastically over the last few years due to assisted reproduction...
- MRI for Definitive In Utero Diagnosis of Cleft Palate: A Useful Adjunct to Antenatal Care? Descamps, Marjanne J. L.; Golding, Stephen J.; Sibley, Jane; McIntyre, Anthony; Alvey, Christopher; Goodacre, Timothy // Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p578
Objective: To assess the use of fetal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in obtaining a definitive prenatal diagnosis of cleft palate. Design: All expectant mothers with a sonographically diagnosed fetal cleft lip or a previously affected child with cleft palate were offered antenatal MRI at...