- Keen edge on competition crucial to attracting investors. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;12/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p15
Focuses on Lightspan Partnership Incorporated's, one of the San Diego firms that raised the most venture capital during the third quarter of 1996, according to figures supplied by Price Waterhouse LLP, and Coopers & Lybrand LLP. Comments from Harrison Miller, vice president of marketing for...
- Lightspan adds remote hosting and Compston's Encyclopedia to Local Connect. // Technology Connection;Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p33
Announces the availability of Lightspan Partnership Inc.'s remote hosting of Lightspan Local Connect customers.
- Lightspan Partnership hires Susan Richardson from Jostens... // Electronic Education Report;09/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the hiring of Susan Richardson from Jostens Learning Corp. as vice president of product marketing for Lightspan Partnership. Job responsibilities of Richardson; Brief background on the company.
- Lightspan Partnership launches Internet unit; Hires Disney K-12 online developing veteran. // Electronic Education Report;05/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the Lightspan Partnership's plan to fold its online activities into one division to take advantage of the growing use of the Internet in classrooms. Company's launching of Web-based products; Number of CD-ROM for the K-6 market primarily sold by the company.
- Lightspan acquires Global Schoolhouse and expands Internet resources. // T H E Journal;Nov99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p32
Reports on Lightspan Partnership Inc.'s acquisition of Global Schoolhouse Web site in an effort to expand its Internet-based activities. Use of proceeds from the site as endowment for the non-profit Global SchoolNet Foundation; Assumption responsibility for activities promoted on the Web site...
- Lightspan Partnership lays off 40 from development, says... // Electronic Education Report;10/22/97, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p1
Reports that Lightspan Partnership laid off about 40 employees from its development team to make room for more sales and marketing personnel. Total employees of the company; K-12 revenues in 1996; Details on the lay-offs; Products of the company.
- Lightspan uses technology software and training to link schools and homes. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p58
Introduces Lightspan Partnership Inc.'s Local Connect software designed to enable schools to produce their own site on the World Wide Web. Lightspan Local Connect online service.
- Lightspan Makes Second June Buy; Uses Board To Study Customer Needs. // Electronic Education Report;06/21/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p6
Reports on Lightspan Inc.'s acquisition of LearningPlanet.com and the creation of a customer advisory board.
- News Briefs... // Electronic Education Report;07/19/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p8
Presents news briefs pertaining to the electronic learning industry in the United States, as of July 19, 2000. Completion of Scholastic Corp.'s acquisition of Grolier Inc.; Agreement of Lightspan Inc. to provide online educational content to elementary and middle schools in 22 districts.