Tribune Education Continues Strong Run With Third Quarter Sales
- Tribune Education sees 1Q losses despite revenue growth. // Electronic Education Report;04/28/99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Tribune Co.'s Education Group for the first quarter of 1999. Five core businesses of the group; Acquisition efforts of Tribune Co.
- Tribune earnings slow in July after strong Q2. LaPorte, Nicole // Daily Variety;8/20/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the decline in Tribune Co.'s earnings in July 2003 after a strong second quarter. Overall revenues; Acquisitions of its broadcast division.
- Tribune's Edn. Sales Jump 46%. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the earnings of Tribune Co. in its education group in 1998. Operating profit for the period; Companies acquired by the education division which contributed to the sales growth of the company.
- Cubs' owner Tribune faces losses. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the losses incurred by Tribune Co. from its operations in the U.S. as of the third quarter of 2003. Factors causing the drop in profits; Comparative financial performance in 2002 and 2003 third quarters; Projected financial performance in the next quarter.
- Tribune trims earnings estimate. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;03/26/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p12
Focuses on Chicago, Illinois-based newspaper firm Tribune Co.'s revision of its first-quarter earnings projection. Earnings outlook for the year; Forecast for first-quarter earnings per share; Decline of publishing advertising revenue in February 2001.
- AD BLAHS TRIP TRIBUNE. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;04/19/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the financial performance of the media group Tribune Co. in the first quarter of 2001. Operation of 22 television stations and newspapers, including the 'Los Angeles Times'; Decline of advertising revenues; Reflection of the economic slowdown in the United States.
- Tribune delivers big earnings gain in 2Q. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;7/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the second-quarter earnings of Tribune Co. in the U.S. Attribution of the earnings increase to the firm's core publishing and broadcasting business; Impact of the weakening advertising market on the company's performance; Background of the company; Implications of the firm's positive...
- Tribune record. // Editor & Publisher;07/25/98, Vol. 131 Issue 30, p23
Announces a net earnings increase posted by Tribune Co. in 1998. Revenue increase posted; Source of the company's profits.
- Tribune Vows to Stand by The WB. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;10/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the commitment of Tribune Co. to WB Network. Importance of the television network to Tribune according to its chairman and CEO Dennis FitzSimons; Actions taken by Tribune to minimize the impact of the losses of the network on the company; Decline in the profit of the company as of...