Legal Action By College Text Trade Group Could Extend Beyond VarsityBooks.com
- U.S. SUPREME COURT WILL REVIEW COPYRIGHT LAWS. // Online Newsletter;Mar2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the plan of the United States Supreme Court to review Internet and copyright laws. Accounts on the case of Eldred versus Ashcroft; Impact of the case on online books, music and movies; Anticipation of changes to the copyright laws.
- Court Denies RH Appeal Against Rosetta. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the ruling of a New York appellate court on the lawsuit filed by Random House against RosettaBooks. Electronic books selling of Rosetta; Legal options for Random.
- College Rivals Fight Over IP. Miller, Julie // InsideCounsel;Mar2007, Vol. 17 Issue 184, p77
The article focuses on a lawsuit filed by the University of Texas at Austin (UT) against Fadi Kalaouze, a former Texas A&M graduate who owns and operates two college stores in Texas, for allegedly diluting the longhorn trademark of UT. The case was filed in the U.S. District Court for the...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.
- CIRCUIT ROUNDUP. Mack, Debbi // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p58
Discusses several actions and defenses in the U.S. as of October 2003. Disability suit against J.C. Penney; Breach of contract against Maya Angelou; Lawsuit filed by Saad Noah against America Online.