- Insider named chief executive of FT publisher Pearson. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;10/22/96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the recruitment of American Marjorie Scardino, former chief executive of the Economist Group, as the chief executive at Pearson, owner of `The Financial Times.' Background information on Scardino; Indepth look at Scardino's career including her affiliation with Savannah, Georgia, law...
- Up front at pearson. Blackhurst, Chris // Management Today;May97, p50
Focuses on the chief executive of the Pearson Company, Marjorie Scardino, and her admittance of an accounting problem at the company's Penguin publishing division in America. Financial impact which this problem has had on the company; Details on the notification of employees about the problem;...
- MARJORIE SCARDINO YANKS THEIR CHAIN. Angelo, Bonnie // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun97, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p44
Introduces Marjorie Morris Scardino as the chief executive of Pearson company, one of the world's biggest media and entertainment conglomerates. Characteristics of Scardino; Scardino's plans on Pearson company; Reason why she bought the `Journal of Commerce' from Knight-Ridder; Account on...
- A stranger in town. Dalby, Stewart // Director (00123242);Mar1997, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p38
Reports on the appointment of Marjorie Scardino as head of the United Kingdom company Pearson Group. History of Pearson; Background information on Scardino; Details on Scardino's plans for Pearson; Public opinion on Scardino's appointment.
- Marjorie Scardino. Cohen, Jason // Texas Monthly;Sep99, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p133
Profiles Marjorie Scardino, executive officer of Pearson PLC. Her background; Her success of reviving the declining stock price of the company.
- Scardino's a Dame. // Daily Variety;2/13/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 54, p8
Reports on the appointment of Marjorie Scardino, chief executive of Pearson as a peer of the British realm in Great Britain.
- New chief to trim Pearson. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;Nov96, pI24
Reports on the appointment of Marjorie Scardino as chief executive officer (CEO) of the media giant Pearson based in the United Kingdom. Mission to streamline Pearson's diverse operations; Retirement of Frank Barlow; Comments from the financial community on her managerial skills and...
- Pearson to person call to insider CEO Scardino. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;10/21/96, Vol. 364 Issue 12, p207
Reports on British media group Pearson's appointment of Marjorie Scardino as its chief executive officer. Career background; Financial institutions' reaction to the appointment.
- Pearson's scardino eyes web. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p93
Reports on Pearson chief executive Marjorie Scardino's plan to invest on the Internet in 1999 . Company's forging of bonds including a video animation business based on characters such as Peter Rabbit and Spot which are licensed by the company's Penguin books; Pearson's acquisition of an...