VCampus' Online Revenue Grows, Red Ink Remains a Problem
- UOL second quarter results dragged down by non-online businesses. // Electronic Education Report;08/04/99, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the corporate profits of McLean, Virginia-based electronic education provider UOL Publishing in the second quarter of 1999. Hikes in sales from online tuition and virtual campus software; Sales from non-online operations.
- Also at UOL: UOL Publishing reports widening loss on revenues that soar in 1997. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the financial performance of online courseware publisher UOL Publishing in 1997. Increase in operating loss; Rise in total expenses; Factors behind growth in revenues.
- UOL Publishing remains focused on mission, appoints Anderson as COO. // Electronic Education Report;12/09/98, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the appointment of Michael Anderson as chief operating officer of UOL Publishing. Mission of the company; Responsibilities of Anderson; Contact information; Financial performance of the company; Contact information.
- UOL continues to bleed red, despite growth in online tuition revenues. // Electronic Education Report;05/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the financial performance of online courseware developer UOL Publishing for the first quarter of 1999. Operating and net losses; Plan of the company to break even through an Internet strategy.
- UOL's New Name Is VCampus Corp.; Change To Help Online Recognition. // Educational Marketer;09/20/99, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p6
Reports that UOL Publishing has changed its name to VCampus Corp. in an effort to better identify itself with its principal product, VCampus 2.5.
- UOL Publishing buys Teletutor. // New Hampshire Business Review;06/06/97, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p30
Reports on UOL Publishing Inc.'s completion of its acquisition of Teletutor of Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- Take classes anytime on the Virtual Campus. // T H E Journal;Sep97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p18
Reports on UOL Publishing's introduction of the Virtual Campus software that allows any school or university to create an online system of training using the Internet or an intranet. Development of the software in response to a growing demand for convenient, persistent training for working...
- UOL Publishing teams with University of Texas to offer virtual campus. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p8
Reports on a teamup between interactive Web-based software publisher UOL Publishing and the University of Texas in Austin to develop a virtual campus allowing students to take a full range of undergraduate and graduate course online. Terms under deal; Prices for the virtual classes; Contact...
- Houghton Mifflin inks marketing deal with online learning provider UOL. // Electronic Education Report;06/10/98, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p5
Reports on Houghton Mifflin (HM) Co.'s signing of a co-marketing deal with UOL Publishing. Agreement of HM to market UOL's VCampus online learning service to its college textbook customers; UOL's agreement to market HM's textbooks and software to its college and corporate training clients;...