IDG Expands Cliffs Notes Brand With New Lifestyle Series
- Proving there's a lot of dummies out there. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p2A
Reports on the expansion of the `For Dummies' line of publication from IDG Books Worldwide. Popularity of the publisher's computer programming books `For Dummies' series; Subject areas covered by IDG.
- IDG books plan $50-million public offering. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/1/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p19
Describes how IDG Books Worldwide has filed a registration statement with the United States Securities and Exchange commission as they prepare for a $50-million public offering. The Dummies book series; Internal expansion of IDG Books; Financial information.
- Being a dummy is smart business. Mullich, Joe // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;07/21/97, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p5
Discusses the release of so-called `Dummies' books by publisher IDG that help business owners overcome problems in running their businesses. Titles of `Dummies' books popular among business owners; Factors that make the books popular.
- IDG to Open New Distribution Facility. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p16
Announces the plans of IDG Books, publisher of the popular `For Dummies' series, to open a distribution center in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Size of the facility; Number of books that can be handled by the facility; Remarks from John Ball, IDG executive vice-president.
- Sales, Earnings Up at IDG Books. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p14
Reports that the IDG Books company released its sales performance since its initial offering in July, 1998. Comments from IDG director of public relations, Mimi Sells; Series to be launched by IDG; Company with which IDG signed a licensing agreement; Persons named to the board of directors at IDG.
- IDG Books Will Offer Dummies, Cliffsnotes, Frommer's As Ebooks. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p4
Reports that IDG Books Worldwide will make content from its leading book brands available in a variety of formats.
- IDG Sells Another MGR Brand, As Thomson Agrees To Buy ARCO. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p5
Reports that IDG Books is continuing with the selling of its Macmillan General Reference properties.
- IDG, not just for dummies anymore, changing to reflect broader program. // Book Publishing Report;11/08/99, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the changes on the top management team of IDG Books Worldwide Inc. Potential of acquired brands; Reorganization of the editorial staff; Relocation of the entire distribution operation.
- Linux in a Box for Dummies. // IT Professional;May/Jun2000, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p75
Reports that the IDG Books Worldwide Inc. has introduced the Linux in a Box for Dummies, a three-compact disc collection containing Caldera OpenLinux 2.3, StarOffice for Linux 5.1 and two electronic books and a compact installation manual. Description of the installer of the Caldera OpenLinux...