VarsityBooks.com Aims For IPO, Reveals Struggle For Profitability
- VarsityBooks.com Eyes Sales Potential With Recently Filed IPO. // Educational Marketer;02/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the initial public offering plan of the online text retailer VarsityBooks.com.
- Varsitybooks Looks to Raise $75 Million via Public Offering. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/25/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 43, p11
Details the plans of Varsitybooks.com regarding a public offering in the United States. Sales of the online retailer for the first eight months of 1999; Expectations on the company's operating losses; Signs of company's growth.
- VarsityBooks IPO Due Soon. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on the planned initial public offering of VarsityBooks.com. Revised prospectus from the company in January 2000; Plan of the company's co-founders to sell shares; Sales of Varsity for the first nine months of 1999.
- Cool Response to Varsity IPO. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the results of the initial public offering (IPO) of VarsityBooks.com on February 15, 2000. Factors that affect the IPO of VarsityBooks.com.
- IPO score card. Dignan, Larry // Inter@ctive Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p76
Provides information on the electronic commerce companies that failed and succeed in their initial public offering move. Sonus Networks; ONI Systems; VarsityBooks.com; Pets.com.
- Sales Jump, Losses Soar at VarsityBooks. // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the increase in the 1999 sales of VarsityBooks.Com, which went public on February 15, 2000. Comparison of the company's sales in 1998 and 1999; Largest expense of Varsity during the year; Vice president of business development named by the company.
- Newsmakers... // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p8
Reports that VarsityBooks.com appointed Jonathan Kaplan as its vice president for communications and strategic planning.
- Year's Revenue Grows, 4th Qtr. Losses Deepen For VarsityBooks.com. // Educational Marketer;03/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the decline in the revenues of VarsityBooks.com of Washington D.C. for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 1999.
- VarsityBooks.com To Focus More On Marketing, Less On Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;05/08/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p5
Reports on online college bookstore VarsityBooks.com's shift of focus from selling textbooks to marketing services.