- Exec compensation linked to shareholder value. // Editor & Publisher;05/17/97, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p33
States that Tribune Co. shareholders have approved a management incentive plan linking executive compensation to the so-called shareholder value added concept that measures operating profit minus the cost of capital. Proposal by Tribune that top executives own stock equivalent between two to...
- Tribune Interactive reorganizes. Bowen // Editor & Publisher;11/06/99, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p40
Reports on Tribune Interactive's restructuring. Elimination of positions to end duplication of efforts; Goal of profitability; Criticism of the company's emphasis on electronic commerce.
- Toward a trimmer Tribune Co. // Editor & Publisher;06/25/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 26, p8
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based newspaper publishing firm Tribune Co.'s plan to reduce its work force as of June 25, 2001. Newspapers to be affected by the layoff program.
- Tribune Co. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;02/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p43
Claims that John Madigan, chairman and chief executive officer of Chicago-based Tribune Company, was awarded options in 1996, which will be valued $6.8 million if the media company's stock rises 5 percent annually over the life of the options. Addition to Madigan's salary.
- Tribunelike cuts in comp may be next big thing. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;11/19/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 45, p6
Reports the executive salary cuts at the Tribune Co. due to economic slowdown in Chicago, Illinois. Percentage of salary deductions; Pay freeze for nonunion employees; Implications of the actions taken by executives.
- TRIB WORKERS' COMP: OWNERSHIP. Meyer, Gregory // Crain's Chicago Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that the 21,000 employees of Tribune Co. are heading toward ownership of the company. Tribune's board was expected to discuss whether to accept dueling offers to buy out the company's public shareholders. The competing bids, one from Chicago, Illinois' Sam Zell and the other...
- MEDIA DIGEST. // Advertising Age;3/10/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p8
News briefs on the mass media are presented including the sale of advertising specifically for video on demand rebroadcast of television programs by CBS Corp., a carriage agreement between Walt Disney Co. and satellite television company Dish Network and the naming of Jack Griffin as head of the...
- Trib superstation's new chief eyeing broadened horizons. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;02/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
Reports the appointment of William Shaw, vice president and general manager of WGN Superstation of Tribune Co. in Chicago, Illinois. Company operation of Tribune; Performance rating of Tribune Co.; Impact of the selection of William Shaw on business.
- Tribulations at L.A. Times. Goldsmith, Jill; Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;10/6/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that Los Angeles Times publisher Jeffrey Johnson has been forced to resign his post by the Tribune Co. in the U.S. Johnson protested with top Times editor Dean Baquet regarding the budget cuts demanded by corporate managers. He will be replaced by David Hiller, publisher of...