Beyond The First Decade: A Forward-Looking History of LatCrit Theory, Community and Praxis
- TRIBALISM IN THE ARAB MENA REGION. Piggott, Leanne // Policy;Autumn2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p15
The article explains that Arab tribalism is a drag on development and reform. To varying degrees, processes of political and economic change are currently under way in a small number of Gulf States. But a real sea-change in the political and economic culture of the region has yet to occur. A...
- Editor's Note. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Winter2007, Vol. 81 Issue 1, pix
The article discusses various topics within the issue of "The American Bankruptcy Law Journal," for the Winter of 2007, including one about the marvelous history of the development of the independent bankruptcy judiciary by Judge Mund, and several chapters from her thesis.
- Law and economics in the United States: a brief historical survey. Hovenkamp, Herbert // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Apr95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p331
Part III. Provides a historical background of `Law and Economics' in the United States. Background and importance of Law and Economics; Its position before 1960; Ronald H. Coase's contributions to the revival of Law and Economics in the form of the Coase Theorem; Its development since 1960;...
- Law in development: On tapping, gourding, and serving palm-wine. Chibundu, Maxwell O. // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Spring97, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p167
Examines the revival of interest in the relevance of law and development in the less-developed or Third World countries. Economic and political developments between the first law and development movement; Similarities and differences between new and old learning; Alternative conceptual framework...
- At last--Asia for the Asians. Naisbitt, John // Across the Board;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p13
Reports that Asia are creating their own rules on its economic emergence. Changes symbolic of Asia's new independence from the West.
- In the Spotlight. // Best's Review;Jun2004, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p6
Present several quotes about several laws and regulation governing in the U.S.
- Pushing the economy backward. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;4/24/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on the negative effect of economic development laws in Puerto Rico. Continuation of paternalistic labor laws; Increase of the cost of business operations; Complexity of the permitting process.
- FULLY DEVELOP SOCIOLOGICAL RESEARCH TO SERVE SOCIALISM. Du Renzhi // Chinese Sociology & Anthropology;Spring81, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p41
This article presents information regarding the role of sociological research in serving socialism. Sociology is the most comprehensive science, it has the entire society as its field of study, and it studies social structure, the dynamics of social development, the phenomena of social life, and...
- WORLD LAW TRANSCENDENT. Bederman, David J. // Emory Law Journal;2005 Special Edition, Vol. 54, p53
The article focuses on the vision of a global law and society. For world law may not necessarily be the fulfillment and apotheosis of the Western legal tradition. It may, in fact, spell its doom, creating a different kind of world order. The author examined the current understanding of the...