Economic Paradigms and Latin American Development Theory: The Search for Nirvana
- A Matter of Style. Von Borch, Herbert // New Republic;12/12/60, Vol. 143 Issue 25, p25
Reviews the book "The United States in the World Arena," by W. W. Rostow.
- NARRATIVE REASON AND COLD WAR ECONOMIC DIPLOMACY IN W. W. ROSTOW'S STAGES OF ECONOMIC GROWTH. Pearce, Kimber Charles // Rhetoric & Public Affairs;Fall99, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p395
An essay is presented on the narrative of Walt Whitman Rostow's developmental economic theory on the Stages of Economic Growth. It offers a history on economic growth and examines the role of social scientific research on policymaking which focuses on the relationship of knowledge and power. The...
- The Concept Of A National Market: ITS ECONOMIC GROWTH IMPLICATIONS. Rostow, W. W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/65, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p717
Presents the text of a speech delivered by W. W. Rostow, counselor and chairman of the Policy Planning Council of the U.S. Department of State, at a conference in Washington, D. C. on September 1, 1965, which deals with the concept of a national market and its implication to economic growth.
- THE STAGES OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FROM AN OPPORTUNITY PERSPECTIVE: ROSTOW EXTENDED. HUNTER, MURRAY // Geopolitics, History & International Relations;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p52
This paper extends Rostow's stages of economic growth model from the perspective of entrepreneurial opportunity. The paper outlines the characteristics of traditional, underdeveloped, developing, development, and post industrial economies. The author postulates that the stage of economic growth...
- Economic Growth and the Diffusion of Power. Bartel, Richard D. // Challenge (05775132);Sep/Oct86, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p29
The article presents an interview of the author with Walt W. Rostow. Several questions were related to revolution, & developing world. A revolution in education and, potentially, in technological absorptive capacity. Specifically, if one takes the World Bank's group of countries called...
- Economic Development. Rostow, W.W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/63, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p712
Presents the text of a speech delivered by W.W. Rostow, counselor and chairman of the Policy Planning Council of the U.S. Department of State on August 19, 1963 which deals with economic development.
- DECREASED POVERTY AND UNEMPLOYMENT: AN EXAMINATION THROUGH THE LENS OF ROSTOW'S MODEL OF ECONOMIC GROWTH. JONES, JESSICA // Indian Journal of Economics & Business;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p137
This paper examines Rostow's Model of Economic Growth, expanding upon each stage and exploring how it can be used to improve the problems of poverty and unemployment. Using the model as a measurement tool, the economic development of China and India is explored, determining which specific...
- The World Economy (Book Review). Cameron, Rondo // American Historical Review;Apr79, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p414
Reviews the book 'The World Economy: History and Prospect,' by W.W. Rostow.
- The first fifty years of the Western Regional Science Association: the making of the WRSA brand. Gibson, Lay; Monahan, Robert; Plane, David // Annals of Regional Science;Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p363
In 1954 the Regional Science Association held its first conference in Detroit, Michigan. Seven years later, in 1961, the Western Regional Science Association was founded as one of the four United States-based sections (the Northeastern, the Southern, the Mid-Continent, and the Western). In the...