Encouraging influenza vaccination for nursing home staff reduced mortality and influenza-like illness in the residents: COMMENTARY
- Encouraging influenza vaccination for nursing home staff reduced mortality and influenza-like illness in the residents. Hayward, A. C.; Harling, R.; Wetten, S. // ACP Journal Club;May/Jun2007, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p61
The article presents a study which examines the effectiveness of an influenza vaccine program for care home staff to prevent death, morbidity, and health service use among residents. A cluster randomized controlled trial was conducted to determine the vaccine program. The author cited the...
- Pharmacist-driven seasonal influenza immunization program for health care workers. Russell, Erica J.; Roberts, Dennis; Lee, Marilyn // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;12/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 23, p1984
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the influenza vaccination program for health care workers (HCWs) with the use of pharmacist-driven approach.
- H1N1 Pandemic Vaccine Safety: Results from Clinical Trials. // Immunization Newsletter;2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article reports the results of the three clinical trials for the safety of H1N1 pandemic vaccines in China including the moderate and limited adverse events, incidence of systemic reactions, and incidence of local reactions.
- Pediatric trials needed for pandemic influenza vaccine. Blazek, Nicole // Infectious Diseases in Children;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p23
The article emphasizes the need to conduct clinical trials for pediatric pandemic influenza vaccine.
- Waverly Health succeeds by 'busting' flu myths. // Occupational Health Management;Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p67
The article reports on the FluBusters program of Waverly (WI) Health Center (WHC) which resulted in a nearly 95% immunization rate in its staff in Iowa. According to David Rathe, director of the Waverly Infection Control Committee, Waverly Health Center is lucky to have an excellent infection...
- Influenza Vaccination Among Health Care Workers. Morantz, Carrie; Torrey, Brian // American Family Physician;9/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p1168
Presents information on a call to action issued by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases to reduce influenza infection among health care workers. Impact of unvaccinated health care workers on influenza outbreaks; Support by health care organizations to influenza immunization;...
- Mandatory influenza vaccination program effective. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Apr2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p21
The article discusses the findings of a study on the effectiveness of a mandatory influenza vaccination program.
- Hib Vaccine Efficacy Trials Continue; Data Needed About Use in Younger Children. Marwick, Charles // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;4/14/89, Vol. 261 Issue 14, p2015
Reports on ongoing efficacy trials for the Haemophilus influenza type b (Hib) vaccination for children. Trials to study the efficacy of more potent versions of Hib vaccines; Dubbing of the vaccines 'conjugate vaccines'; Studies among infants in Alaska and Finland.
- HealthMap Vaccine Finder: Charting a path to immunization services. Sheffer, Joe // Pharmacy Today;Sep2012, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p34
The article offers information the HealthMap Vaccine Finder, a free online service that allows uses to search for influenza vaccine providers, developed by epidemiologists and software developers at Boston Children's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. The Web resource aims to simplify the...