NeoPoint Shakes Up Industry
- Leap buys NeoPoint's myAladdin.com portal, technology. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;1/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Reports on Leap Wireless International Inc.'s purchase of NeoPoint Inc.'s myAladdin.com location-based content aggregation portal and wireless information technology.
- NeoPoint 1000 ships to Sprint PCS. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p38
Informs that NeoPoint Inc. has begun volume shipments of the NeoPoint 1000 smart phone to Sprint PCS, which will market the handset as the Sprint PCS NP1000. Features of phone.
- NeoPoint Adds Interactive, Virtual Demo To Web Site. // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p18
Reports that smart phone manufacturer NeoPoint Inc. has upgraded its Web site with an interactive demonstration of the NeoPoint 1000 handset. Information on the Web site; Features of the handset; Comments from William Son, president and chief executive officer of the company.
- Sprint signs local firms for Web deal. Siedsma // San Diego Business Journal;08/16/99, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p6
Reports that wireless carrier Sprint PCS has signed a deal with NeoPoint Inc. to use its digital wireless smart telephone to deliver wireless data services nationwide. Launch of wireless Internet service using Qualcomm Inc.'s code division multiple access mobile telephone technology; Provisions...
- NeoPoint withdraws IPO. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p8
Informs that United States-based NeoPoint Inc. withdrew its initial public offering with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Grad Wins NeoPoint Scholarship. Walker, LeeAnn // San Diego Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p56
Reports on the presentation of NeoPoint `Simply More Intelligent' Scholarship Award to Jason Remple.
- NeoPoint looks to regain lost ground with new phone line. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p30
Provides information on the NeoPoint 2000 and 2600 next generation smart telephones introduced by NeoPoint Inc. Features; Capabilities; Specifications.
- NeoPoint shuts down. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p2
Reports the closure of smart-phone company NeoPoint Inc. in May 2001. Key features of the company's NeoPoint 1000 wireless device; Overview of the business deals entered by the company; Why the company launched an initial public offering.
- NeoPoint Launches Smart-Wireless Info Service. // Telephone IP News;Dec99, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p7
Announces that NeoPoint Inc. has introduced the industry's most comprehensive, location-based wireless portal called myAladdin.com.