A One-button Call To Safety
- If I were President a phone in every stall? Johnson, Ben // National Real Estate Investor;09/01/99, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the proper use of cellular telephones in public places and the importance of keeping connectivity in its place. Advantages of technology.
- Processors out of cell-phone range. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p1
Reports the implications of the disarray in the cellular telephone market. Provision of opportunities and alliances for some global contract manufacturers; Increase in the sales of mobile telephone; Realization of a rapid growth of the market expectations.
- 2.5G Handsets. Schaller, Lane // Wireless Review;01/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p36
Deals with the application of 2.5 generation technology in communication handsets. Areas of differences among handsets; How the differences affect handsets; Public concerns over connectivity.
- Phones With Overly High Voltage? // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the seizure of mobile phones capable of shooting four bullets by French police in the city of Rouen in February 2003. Description of the guns disguised as mobile phones; Materials seized by the police along with the phones.
- The (Limited) Miracle of Microelectronics. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p24
Provides information on microelectronics. Capacity of several commercial mobile phone systems; Indication of Shannon's Law; Example of advances in microelectronics that have been used to increase wireless system capacity.
- TOOTH TALK. Marcinkowski, Victoria // Science World;11/29/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p7
Features a tooth mobile phone invented by researchers at the Royal College of Art in London, England.
- Who says we need a revolution? Mullen, James // America's Network;4/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p58
Focuses on the debate concerning the market's choice of cellular transmission technique. Time division multiple access (TDMA); Code division multiple access (CDMA); Efficient spectrum use and personal communications services; Deployment; Consumer as the final judge. INSET: Motorola banks on...
- Tow gets new cell tower. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/1/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 26, p10A
The article reports on the activation of a new cellular telephone site of the AT&T in the northern areas of Lake Buchanan, Texas.
- U.K. government asks industry to fight mobile phone theft. Rohde, Laura // InfoWorld;01/29/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p76C
Focuses on the call made by the British government on the mobile telecommunications industry to collaborate with the Home Office on ways to keep mobile phones more protected from street theft. Statistics of mobile phones theft in the United Kingdom.