Resetting Goals: Nokia's Strategy For Success
- Nokia To Boost Handset Supply. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p20
Announces the conversion of the base station manufacturing facility of Nokia in Fort Worth, Texas in phone plant. Reason for the conversion; Comment from Kari-Pekka Wilska, president of Nokia's Americas mobile phone division.
- KPN, Nokia demonstrate WIM. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p62
Reports the demonstration of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) 1.2 and WAP Identity Module (WIM) application in mobile electronic commerce by Nokia Oy and KPN Telecom in Espoo, Finland. Use of Visa card and Secure Electronic Transaction in conducting mobile payments; Inclusion of WIM in...
- Nokia unveils corporate WAP server. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p81
Introduces Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) 1.1 server for enterprise customers and mobile Internet service from Nokia Corp. in Helsinki, Finland. Provision of access to business-specific applications such as electronic mails, directories and contact lists; Added security function systems;...
- NetSanity platform manages delivery of Internet data. Bruno, Antony // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the integration of high technology firm NetSanity Inc.'s data management platform called SmartBar into telecommunication firm Nokia Corp.'s Wireless Application Protocol Technology. Features and functions of SmartBar; Trials conducted by NetSanity and Nokia to integrate the technologies.
- Ringing in new technology. McClellan, Sarah // Fort Worth Business Press;4/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p1
Features Nokia North Americas' President Kari-Pekka Wilska and the success of the company. History of the company; Core value of the company and its employees; Information on the new products of the company. INSET: Nokia Corporation.
- WAP makes headway into Europe. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p26
Focuses on the growth of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) market in Europe. Nokia Corp. and Deutsche Bank's development of mobile banking services based on the WAP; Concurrent Data Dynamics' launching of an Internet portal based on the WAP.
- Bringing the Wireless Internet to Market. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p25
Discusses the marketing of wireless Internet. Importance of information dissemination among potential customers; Pre-Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) option in entering the marketplace; Development of WAP server technology by Nokia.
- Nokia develops WAP technology for data access. // RCR;02/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p15
Reports the development of an immediate access to mobile commerce sites via Wireless Application Protocol-enabled phones by Nokia.
- Infowave, Nokia Deal On WAP Applications. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p39
Reports that Infowave Software Inc. has signed a partnership with Nokia Corp. to develop a wireless application protocol (WAP).