The Prepaid Challenge: Re-ups
- US Unwired buys stakes in subsidiaries. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p53
Reports on US Unwired Inc.'s acquisition of stakes in telecommunication firms Louisiana Unwired LLC and Texas Unwired.
- US Unwired offers Freedom Plan. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p4
Reports on US Unwired Inc.'s Freedom Plan which gives callers an unlimited amount of calling minutes if the callers are within their home zones.
- US Unwired expands coverage. // RCR;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Reports on US Unwired's expansion of its telecommunication network coverage to all of southwest Louisiana.
- US Unwired hosts school shopping sprees. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p18
Focuses on the back-to-school shopping sprees hosted by US Unwired Inc. in the United States. Efforts of the company to help families prepare for the coming school year 2000; Location of the events; Collaboration with local radio stations in giving winners time to collect school supplies from...
- US Unwired awards car. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p18
Reports that US Unwired Inc. gave a Volkswagen New Beetle automobile to the winner of its raffle promotion.
- Yackety-yak on a Chat Pak. // Wireless Review;06/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p14
Reports that US Unwired has created a television advertising campaign to market its Chat Pak phones. Features of the advertising campaign; Information on the product.
- US Unwired posts revenue gains. // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the revenue gains posted by US Unwired Inc. for the fourth quarter of 2001. Details of the company's performance.
- Call waiting. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/02/98 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 9, p4
Mentions the cellular telephones, developed by Sweden's Ericsson and by TIM, which can be programmed to dial only a few numbers. Their intended market being teenagers who will be able to reach their parents; Probability that the controls can be subverted.
- Smart telephones--the next generation of powerful portables. Chase, Bob // San Diego Business Journal;03/03/97, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the development of a generation of portable telephones, called `smart phones', which enable a range of features including Internet access and electronic-mail messaging. Bridging of the gap between computers and telephones; Integration of cellular phone functionality and Wireless...