Teligent Lures Big-name Backer
- The urban alternative. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;02/21/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 8, p50
Contends that broadband wireless may be the perfect high-speed access solution for the business scene. Significance of selling local multipoint distribution system; Success in delivering wireless broadband access; Solution for broadband access introduced by Teligent.
- NextLink casts broadband net with hopes to compete nationally. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p34
Focuses on NextLink and the evolution of its business. Characterized as a competitive local exchange carrier in its infancy; Offer of actual dial-tone services in 1996; Goal to compete with AT&T, MCI WorldCom, remaining regional Bell companies and any national broadband players that emerge;...
- Peddling Air. Gohring, Nancy; Meyers, Jason // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p26
Deals with the selling and marketing of broadband wireless services in the United States. Factors for the success of broadband wireless services; Target market of broadband wireless; Information on Teligent's online billing service.
- Teligent launches service in Pittsburgh. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p34
Deals with the launch of Teligent Inc. to its wireless broadband service in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the company's smartWave technology.
- Software impacts broadband networks. Palumbo, Paul // Lightwave;Jan95, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Reports on software company Microsoft Corp.'s role in the broadband networks competition. Entry into telecommunications/cable-television marketplace; Comments of company vice president Craig Mundie; Telecommunication companies' ventures into broadband network field; Features of Microsoft's...
- Closed Windows? Quinton, Brian // Telephony;11/15/99, Vol. 237 Issue 20, p9
Contends that Microsoft Corporation's antitrust case will have minimal impact on its efforts to integrate into broadband Internet. Analysis on the United States government's antitrust case against Microsoft Corp.; Foresight on Microsoft Corporation's venture into the broadband access. INSET:...
- Microsoft notches first IPG deployments. // CED;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p16
Reports the launching of broadband communication device by Microsoft Corp. in the U.S. Improvement of the services offered to the cable subscribers; Enhancement of the digital set-tops; Support of the device on video-on-demand.
- HOMING DEVICES. Sandlund, Chris // Entrepreneur;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the characteristics of households with broadband connection in the U.S. Strategy of Microsoft Corp. in selling broadband service; Importance of firewall, antivirus and virtual private network; Views on monthly service fees.
- New lease on iTV. Hayes, Duffy // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p30
Introduces the Xbox gaming network from Microsoft TV. Development of television and interactive subscriber services by the company; Operating systems of Microsoft; Features of the network.