Canada Raises Spectrum Cap; CTIA Seeks Same
- Proposed Rules: FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/31/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 147, p46310
The article presents a notice of petition for reconsideration issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It states that the petition has been filed by The Wireless Association (CTIA) in the Rulemaking proceeding of the FCC. It announces that oppositions to the petitions must be...
- CTIA seeks to light fuse under FBI. // Wireless Review;03/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Reports that CTIA has asked the US Federal Communications Commission to help in implementing the Federal Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act. Expanded authority and capability concerns in the telecommunications industry; Possible delay of the compliance date.
- The Many Variants Of "Back" Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p4
Comments on several news and events in the U.S. wireless communication industry as of February 1, 2005. Retirement of Michael Powell from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Proof-of-concept test conducted by Qualcomm with American Airlines to identify the effect that cellular phones...
- Bitter Harvest. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p5
Comments on the wireless emergency services proposed by the organization CTIA and some public safety representatives in the United States in 2001. Phases of the services; Disadvantages of wireless emergency services; Changes in emergency networks; Information on the Notice of Proposed...
- Tech Day Turns Into V-Day After 700 MHz Delay. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p6
Presents information on the annual technology day held by CTIA in Washington, D.C. on June 19, 2002. Members of the U.S. Congressional Wireless Caucus; Legislation signed by President George W. Bush regarding a Federal Communications Commission auction; Theme of the technology day.
- FCC Spectrum Decision Could Benefit Carriers. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the benefits of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) frequency spectrum decision. Details on the spectrum-sharing arrangement set-up by FCC; Remarks from CTIA president and chief executive officer Tom Wheeler; Effect of the FCC ruling on wireless carriers.
- Spectrum grab. Martin, Harry // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the contents of the white paper submitted by the Wireless Association and the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It mentions that it aims to demonstrate that incentive auctions of 120 megahertz of broadcast television...
- CTIA: Keep Industry Terms In CALEA. // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p3
Reports that CTIA urged the United States Federal Communications Commission to accept the industry's definitions of terms such as direction and termination when it comes to the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act proceeding.
- CTIA Petition Takes On MSS. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p5
Looks at the petition submitted by CTIA and New ICO company to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the allocation of 2 gigahertz (GHZ) frequency spectrum. Petition submitted by CTIA to the FCC which calls for the reallocation of 2 GHz spectrum from satellite to...