CDMA's Next Generation: A Market-driven Scenario
- Sprint PCS Migrates To 3G, New Home. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p18
Focuses on the decision of Sprint PCS to focus on the application of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) 2000 1XRTT, a third-generation wireless standard launched in the U.S. Capabilities of CDMA2000; Historical background of the company; Speculations on the company's decision; Benefits from...
- Sprint PCS announces affiliates. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;06/15/98, Vol. 234 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the first six affiliate companies of Sprint PCS that will build out code division multiple access networks using Sprint licenses. Benefits that Sprint affiliates may gain from taking advantage of existing Sprint PCS contracts with Lucent Technologies, Motorola or Northern Telecom;...
- Sprint completes 1XRTT call in 3G testing. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p23
Reports on Sprint PCS' first voice call over 1XRTT technology. Third-generation solution for Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology operators; Doubling of the capacity of existing CDMA networks.
- Salt Lake hosts CDMA olympics. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the wireless companies that demonstrates its code division multiple access (CDMA)-based services in Salt Lake City, Utah. Demonstration of the Express Network 1x service of Sprint PCS; Service launched by Verizon Wireless in the city; Investment of Verizon to upgrade its Utah network.
- Sprint's 1X Goes National With Major Chains. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/19/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p6
Announces the launch of PCS Vision, a code division multiple access 1X service by Sprint PCS in the U.S. List of retail stores distributing the product; Price of the service; Features of the product.
- We can work it out. MEYERS, JASON // Telephony;03/08/99, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p10
Reports that Sprint PCS has released a specification allowing different manufacturers' mobile switching centers and base station subsystems to work together. Benefits of the specification to vendors; Disadvantage of Sprint's reliance on three major code division multiple access (CDMA); Comments...
- Sprint turns on Nortel gear. // Telephony;03/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p7
Reports that Sprint PCS turned up code division multiple access equipment supplied by Northern Telecom Ltd. in six cities in March 1997.
- In case of emergency, induce 3G fever. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;03/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the plans of telecommunication companies, Sprint PCS and Alltel Corp. to pursue cdma 1X network upgrades. 1X infrastructure only deal between Sprint PCS and Motorola; Comparison of code division multiple access with GPRS; Concern surrounding spectrum availability.
- Sprint PCS hopes to wow with DoCoMo-like WAM. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p4
Details the plan of Sprint PCS to launch a wireless content management system in conjunction with its code division multiple access 1xRTT network rollout in summer 2002. Significance of the plan of the company; Information on Sprint's wireless Web strategy; Other plans of the company.
- CDMA carriers offer sneak peek at 1x. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the preview of the 1x wireless services from code division multiple access providers Verizon Wireless and Sprint PCS in 2001. Benefits of the services to customers and developers; Components of the wireless devices; Applications of the wireless devices.