Buildout Pace Slows, Vendors Busy Elsewhere
- Verizon Wireless Going Vrooooom! Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p21
Reports on the decision of Verizon Wireless to start trials of its code division multiple access 2000 (CDMA2000) 1xEV-DO in Washington D.C. and San Diego, California, as of April 2002. Objectives of the trials; Information on the technology; Details of the trials.
- MOTOROLA DEBUTS WIRELESS SOFTSWITCH SOLUTIONS IN EUROPE. // Computer Protocols;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p4
Discusses the first Motorola SoftSwitch for Code Division Multiple Access (MSS-C) to be delivered in Europe by Motorola Global Telecom Solutions Sector through its contract with RadioMovel.
- Navigating The Two Roads To 3G. Finneran, Michael // Business Communications Review;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p19
Discusses options for migration to next-generation wireless data services in the U.S. Form of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) used on proposed 3G technologies; Use of direct sequence spread spectrum in CDMA; Importance of power control in CDMA technology. INSET: Will Of The WISP?.
- Vendors to make infrastructure for Chinese tests. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p20
Reports the agreement of wireless telecommunication companies to provide carriers with code division multiple access 2000 infrastructure for testing. Companies involved in the agreement; Indications of the agreement; Condition of the agreement.
- 4G: the silent revolution. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;Apr2003, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p20
Explores the development of fourth generation (4G) wireless communications system. Trends toward wireless-code division multiple access; Technology integration to produce 4G system; Telecommunications convergence. INSET: SO YOU WANT TO BUILD A 4G NETWORK.
- 3G Baseband Complexity Justifies a New Design Approach. Bruce, Paul // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jun2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p81
Focuses on the complexity of the third generation wireless-code division multiple access (W-CDMA) layer-1 baseband development in Great Britain. Difficulty in the implementation of the baseband signal processing; Introduction of signal processing techniques; Factors contributing to the...
- Improving system performance. Singer, Andrew // Wireless Review;02/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p74
Proposes strategies for optimizing the performance of code division multiple access (CDMA) systems. Fine-tuning soft handoff zones; Controlling pilot pollution; Tweaking the neighbor list; Minimizing noise. INSETS: Ping pong.;hazards of cell site transfer.
- Next-Generation Wireless Service Shows Up in U.S. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;02/04/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p9
Reports the entrance next-generation cell phone service in the United States. Introduction of the Express Network by Verizon Wireless; Adaptation of Code Division Multiple Access technology by Qualcomm Inc.; Market of a portable phone by Kyocera.
- CDMA data rates increase. // Wireless Review;08/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p10
Provides information on the performance of Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network in data transmission technology. Speed rate of CDMA; Plans of Nortel to improve CDMA standards; Expectations on the use of wireless technology.
- No Vacancy. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;02/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p84
Deals with the issue of capacity in wireless communications systems. Increase number of wireless subscribers and their average minutes of use; Use of network capacity in interference; Basis of a code division multiple access network's capacity.